Munster 18 56.25%
Ireland 14 43.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2008, 10:32 AM

where's the dolphin option squire?
Old 10-10-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
Munster have always been Munster in rugby terms...but rugby as a whole has had it's profile raised so much in the last 2 decades - the WC, professionalism, Super 14 and HC, radical rule changes etc that it is now an exciting sport that has far wider appeal to the previously disinterested/uninitiated...

Munstershire the brand, may include the bandwagoneers en masse, but that only proves that Munster are doing it better than most
less than 15 years ago, Cork and Limerick players wouldn't even speak to each other in the dressing room, Munstershire is a brand, a marketing ploy for gullible saps like yourself

I think Rooney has the potential to be a great midfield player
Old 10-10-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
This is a fairly interesting topic, for me I'm Irish before anything else, Cork, Munster whatever. This may have a bit to do with the fact I've been away from Ireland for the last 5 years but either way I'd support Ireland before Munster.

Had this conversation with a few Munster fans over the last year or so and most have said they'd support Munster over Ireland. This really pisses me off. I do support Munster but for me it'll always be Ireland first.
Fuck off to the "Ireland" forum then.

You're probably one of those cunts that support "De Ree-Pubble-Ick Of Oirland" in soccer, and "Arland" in rogby.

Cork first, fuck everything else.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POL View Post
less than 15 years ago, Cork and Limerick players wouldn't even speak to each other in the dressing room, Munstershire is a brand, a marketing ploy for gullible saps like yourself
Stubborn to the point of foolishness...that's you described perfectly...How does that bear any relevance to the position Munster find themselves in today....and anyway, in club rugby in Munster there has always had a bond between the clubs...senior, junior, right down to schoolboy ...my dad and his brothers will often tell me about that and i remember it anyway from when i was a small kid watching them play....Cork and limerick and other counties clubs beating the crap out of each other but letting it go afterwards...

Rugby is fairly unique in international sport as one where petty squabbles and altercations can be forgotten about the next minute...

Ambassador to Spain...yariba yariba!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
That applies to many sides in the competition...as an example only, I will offer Toulouse...they draw on a fan base spanning a wide region of large towns and area surrounding the city- catchment area of over two and a half million according to Trevor Brennan and Guy Noves...

Be honest...you cannot bring yourself to admit that Munster is a hugely successful sporting phenomenon, and, certainly in the Irish sporting history, the most successful high profile team on an international stage, we have ever had...

Would that be the same Toulouse that also fields a professional soccer team, which competes regularly in real Pan-European competitions, unlike the "Heineken Arland, Great Britain & Bits Of France Cup"?
Old 10-10-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Stubborn to the point of foolishness...that's you described perfectly...How does that bear any relevance to the position Munster find themselves in today....and anyway, in club rugby in Munster there has always had a bond between the clubs...senior, junior, right down to schoolboy ...my dad and his brothers will often tell me about that and i remember it anyway from when i was a small kid watching them play....Cork and limerick and other counties clubs beating the crap out of each other but letting it go afterwards...

Rugby is fairly unique in international sport as one where petty squabbles and altercations can be forgotten about the next minute...
Where have all the AIL fans gone?

Eh? Where is this famous bond between the clubs and their fans?

I want you to answer this
Old 10-10-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actin The Sham View Post

Quote of the year. Think I've found myself a new sig.

On the Munstershire/Arland debate, imagine if it was EOS who was coaching Munster & Kidney in charge of Arland what would the support levels be? Its easy to say Munster 1st when they are seen as the great over-achievers who the dockers & binmen can relate to, when the contrast is a team containing D4 socialites, considered among the most talented of players on their day who its believed have under-achieved on a monumental scale.

I know which wagon I'd be jumping on.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirter View Post
most Munster fans now support Munster before they support Ireland
i.e. they only follow winning teams when the true test of any sports fan is the person who follows the team win or lose

Those same Munster fans are probably newly found Chelsea fans also

who needs fans like that
Old 10-10-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
Where have all the AIL fans gone?

Eh? Where is this famous bond between the clubs and their fans?

I want you to answer this

It still exists ...but as in any sport here...including the GAA, The bigger competitions involving County/province will obviously draw in those fans, those with a moderate interest and the bandwagoneers ....same for any sport really...

What kind of GAA fan would you class yourself as, seeing as you're one of those lads who books extended hols abroad right in the middle of the championship season ? Are you a barstooler ? or a Moderate ?

Ambassador to Spain...yariba yariba!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 11:03 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actin The Sham View Post

Thank God that Cork is'nt a petty little parochial backwater now is'nt it ?