Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Users Ads & Discussion > Cork Jobs & Recruitment
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Heckler Heckler is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 43
Default Graphic Designer needed.

Hello.

Even though there's a recession on and things we have some money there for a Graphic Designer.

A decent wage for 4 & 1/2 days work.

If you know what Indesign is and know things about Macs, that's a great start.

If you have experience in designing commercial things like ads and you're fast too we'll give you a job and some money every month.

Let me know if you want to talk about it or send me a cv.
__________________
THIS COLOUR IS BLUE
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Musical Paper Boy Musical Paper Boy is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Here, There and Everywhere
Posts: 15,804
Default

How much does it cost to put an ad in the paper or with a reputable recruitment company these days?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Wallace Wallace is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Under the Bridge Downtown
Posts: 15,773
Default

Or even in the Jobs section on an internet Forum ?


But I think Papey , he's being nice and giving langers a first crack at this




I know a good freelance graphic designer

www.egomedia.ie
__________________
www.egomotion.net #jesuisConor
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Blueswannabe Blueswannabe is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,120
Default

pm with details please.
__________________
Want to talk about the RA? Go ahead!

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com...d.php?t=227917
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Joe_Duffy Joe_Duffy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
Hello.

Even though there's a recession on and things we have some money there for a Graphic Designer.

A decent wage for 4 & 1/2 days work.

If you know what Indesign is and know things about Macs, that's a great start.

If you have experience in designing commercial things like ads and you're fast too we'll give you a job and some money every month.

Let me know if you want to talk about it or send me a cv.
That's the dodgiest request for someones PROFESSIONAL SERVICES I have ever seen in my life.

obviously a two-bit cowboy operation.

Stay well clear. They'll beat you with the 'you'll get paid for work done ... after you do this, this, this n this .. and some more' ... stick.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Blue Monday Blue Monday is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
Hello.

Even though there's a recession on and things we have some money there for a Graphic Designer.

A decent wage for 4 & 1/2 days work.

If you know what Indesign is and know things about Macs, that's a great start.

If you have experience in designing commercial things like ads and you're fast too we'll give you a job and some money every month.

Let me know if you want to talk about it or send me a cv.
Maybe it's just me but i've a sneaking suspicion that this is a bit of a shit job.
Mainly it's on account of him mentioning that he wants someone fast in return for some money. Also the way it's only 4 1/2 days work, I mean why not five? It's sound like they're looking for someone to do lot's of work for little money, a thankless job i'd say.
__________________
Fac 73
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Heckler Heckler is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
Or even in the Jobs section on an internet Forum ?


But I think Papey , he's being nice and giving langers a first crack at this




I know a good freelance graphic designer

www.egomedia.ie
Yeah we're spending money telling people too. Just thought I might find someone here too.
__________________
THIS COLOUR IS BLUE
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Blue Monday Blue Monday is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Duffy View Post
That's the dodgiest request for someones PROFESSIONAL SERVICES I have ever seen in my life.

obviously a two-bit cowboy operation.

Stay well clear. They'll beat you with the 'you'll get paid for work done ... after you do this, this, this n this .. and some more' ... stick.
I see i'm not alone then. They sound like they'd take advantage of what honest lads you put in front of them.
__________________
Fac 73
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Heckler Heckler is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Monday View Post
Maybe it's just me but i've a sneaking suspicion that this is a bit of a shit job.
Mainly it's on account of him mentioning that he wants someone fast in return for some money. Also the way it's only 4 1/2 days work, I mean why not five? It's sound like they're looking for someone to do lot's of work for little money, a thankless job i'd say.
Fuck we're nobbled!
__________________
THIS COLOUR IS BLUE
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-02-2012, 12:54 PM
The Curious Lozenge The Curious Lozenge is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 24,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
Hello.

Even though there's a recession on and things we have some money there for a Graphic Designer.

A decent wage for 4 & 1/2 days work.

If you know what Indesign is and know things about Macs, that's a great start.

If you have experience in designing commercial things like ads and you're fast too we'll give you a job and some money every month.

Let me know if you want to talk about it or send me a cv.
a job and money every month? wow!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbabe08 View Post
When did Italy become a Latin country?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly sham View Post
it's about time they made this similar to the 7s and broth in a bowl, plate, shield to give teams more gams.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 10:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.