Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Users Ads & Discussion > Cork Jobs & Recruitment
User Name
Password

Old 06-05-2009, 07:52 PM

Default Miscrosoft

Have you tried any of the DIT colleges they sometimes have lists of Employers looking for staff.

Also, some of the System support companies, that manage companies computer systems may from time to time.

I am afraid we don't have jobs coming through on our Job Board for repair, if one does I'll be in touch.

Regards,
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Paddy View Post
Hey Guys,

Just wondering could anyone give me advice on finding work. I have a very mild disability, have the A+ comptia cert, have a diploma in pc repair, have 2 yrs experience in a pc repair shop but still find it very difficult to find a job.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-05-2009, 08:01 PM

Default Linkedin

Hi,

Forgot to mention put yourself up on Linkedin.com, its free and you can advertise your experience etc. Have a look at some other people who may be advertising themselves - don'tforget to saythat you are looking for a job.

I am a member of the Irisr Recruiters group and more and more recruiters are using this method to source people.

Also, you can create a .tel account - e.g. see www.jobs2ireland.tel

These are simple to create and cost about €25 ($30) for a years subscription and that includes hosting and you can say what your talents are etc. It's like having your own website, domain name and hosting all rolled into one simple price. I suggest you don't use Drunken Paddy as your .tel name unless it's for a job as a sampler in Guinness

We use www.networksolutions.com - why because they are cheaper than any Irish supplier and include the hosting.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobsinIreland View Post
Hi,

Forgot to mention put yourself up on Linkedin.com, its free and you can advertise your experience etc. Have a look at some other people who may be advertising themselves - don'tforget to saythat you are looking for a job.

I am a member of the Irisr Recruiters group and more and more recruiters are using this method to source people.

Also, you can create a .tel account - e.g. see www.jobs2ireland.tel

These are simple to create and cost about €25 ($30) for a years subscription and that includes hosting and you can say what your talents are etc. It's like having your own website, domain name and hosting all rolled into one simple price. I suggest you don't use Drunken Paddy as your .tel name unless it's for a job as a sampler in Guinness

We use www.networksolutions .com - why because they are cheaper than any Irish supplier and include the hosting.
Sorry to take you to task on that one but I'd advice anyone from using that shower - they have had a long history of being behind a lot of the problems online and were running a register script not long ago that registered any domain that was searched for and then bumped up the price accordingly.

one of the most notorious and worst regsitras there is... the main whois registry used to carry a warning about them - dunno if it still does. There registra rights should have been revoked long ago and would be if bloody icann would do there job properly! In fact if they did? i can guarantee that 50% of online problems such as what the proc is having lately would literally disappear over night!!
Old 07-05-2009, 09:57 AM

Hi John.

Thanks for your reply, no i never checked the DIT colleges yet, but i did sign up with FAS and all the recruitment agencies i could find.

I also have a good bit of experience in web design and hosting and i have myrealname.com (so i certainly wouldnt be using Drunken Paddy ) bought, so i might put together a site advertising myself and my abilities.

I wouldnt need networksolutions.com as i have my own hosting reseller account.

Thank you for all the great advice, greatly appreciated.

Ken