Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 27-03-2012, 07:28 PM

Default The Official Sheffield Wednesday Thread

Good luck to David Jones and his team in their attempt to win promotion back to the championship.I thought Gary' Megsons sacking was harsh but the style of football the team played under him was awful.

btw There was a poster on here called the owl he was a Wednesday fan and a huge supporter of the Cork players during the last strike.Sadly he passed away after suffering fatal injuries in a workplace accident in Australia.The Owls winning promotion would be a fitting tribute to his memory.
Old 27-03-2012, 07:38 PM

Thumbs up

It's not often you see the official Ipswich and Sheffield Weds threads at the top of the page.

Long may it continue.
Old 27-03-2012, 07:45 PM

Wolves could have done worse than give megson a shout imo,Kept west brom up and did ok at bolton.
Harshly sacked by mandaric.
Old 27-03-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Vinton View Post
Wolves could have done worse than give megson a shout imo,Kept west brom up and did ok at bolton.
Harshly sacked by mandaric.
Our form was very poor since the middle of december.From that point until Megsons sacking we only picked up 15 points from a possible 39.A part of me say's that Megson should have been allowed finish out the season.Then again another part of me say's that getting in David Jones was the right decision.Milan is notorious for his lack of respect for his managers though.He got rid of Nigel Pearson despite the fact that he took Leicester to the champioship playoffs and he went through three managers in the one season at Leicester as well .

I would like to emphasis that i think Gary did an outstanding job at West Brom and Bolton (despite what some Bolton fans think) and he's a man that's served our club with distinction as a player and manager.He went out on a high after that the Sheffield derby win.Some United fans were taunting him at the final whistle.What does Gary do?He grabs the Sheffield Wednesday badge on his jumper shows it to them and kisses it!
Old 31-03-2012, 01:33 PM

Youghally.

Weds are on the Interweb live at the moment.

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/1...north-end.html
Old 31-03-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontipine View Post
Youghally.

Weds are on the Interweb live at the moment.

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/1...north-end.html
Be quiet Ponty i don't want to know the result.I've set the UPC box to record todays match at Hillsborough to provide my late evenings entertainment.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:34 PM

The owls beat Preston 2-0.Gary Madine got the goals.The first half was very scrappy and Preston stooped us playing.We improved after half time and we played the game on our terms.I'd hate to think about where we'd be without Jermaine Johnsons and Miquel Antonios creativity from the wings.Sheffield United are still in front of us by a point or two but David Jones has got this team flying.If you offered me a playoff place in august i'd take it but second place is there for us.Hopefully the lad's will keep on winning and the blades suffer a setback or two.C'mon you blue and white wizards
Old 02-04-2012, 05:54 PM

It would be good to see both Sheffield clubs go up rather than those wankers Charlton.Unlikely that they will finish outside the top two now though..
Old 03-04-2012, 07:15 AM

New Preston manager Graham Westley is claiming that four of his squad leaked the team and tactics to Sheff Wed before their game last weekend.

Players have denied it. Pretty serious accusation to level at your own players. Westley clamis that the Sheff Wed coaching staff told him after the game what had happened.

Pathetic behaviour if true. He would have to be 100% clear before he went and accused his own players of that. Team morale mist be rock bottom, don't think they are safe yet.

48-0
Old 07-04-2012, 05:25 PM

The Owls beat fellow automatic promotion chasers Huddersfield 2-0.Sheffield United also won though.Right now there's 5 games to go and Wednesday are two points behind Sheffield United and second place.