tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Logic 9 - Page 6 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 03-02-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtheory View Post
This i such a common question... Ber is right, you need a musical ear and some training.

If you have the instrumental and the vocal versions, you can subtract one from the other to get vocal alone, and there are other methods to do with converting stereo by removing the stereo elements only, but it is hit and miss.

You can also use advanced noise reduction software such as that made by Cedar. The guys at Abbey Road used it to unmix Beatles recordings for the forthcoming computer game thingy.
Pete Heller touched on this in a recent mag interview; he was referring to Starguard's 'Wear it Out' - he had the orginal track, instrumental on one side and vocal version on the other...he relays: 'it was a great track to sample, as I could filter out the main track on the vocal side to isolate the vocals and sample the groove from the instrumental'. He used an Akai MPC3000?
Old 03-02-2010, 10:53 PM

If you can get the instrumental and the vocal to line up with 100% accuracy, down to 1/44100 of a second, then you can flip the polarity on the instrumental and the vocal will be solo. Only works if you have the CD. Doesn't work with mp3 or vinyl. Very rare that tracks are released like that. But I did it with that Timberlake/ Furtado/Timbaland song.

The thing about mag interviews is that:
1. People forget technical details or
2. Try to simplify it for the public or
3. Their engineer did it so they haven't a clue or
4. They don't mention that they actually paid for the sample and had the multitrack sent to them by the original artist. Because that's just boring.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtheory View Post
If you can get the instrumental and the vocal to line up with 100% accuracy, down to 1/44100 of a second, then you can flip the polarity on the instrumental and the vocal will be solo. Only works if you have the CD. Doesn't work with mp3 or vinyl. Very rare that tracks are released like that. But I did it with that Timberlake/ Furtado/Timbaland song.

The thing about mag interviews is that:
1. People forget technical details or
2. Try to simplify it for the public or
3. Their engineer did it so they haven't a clue or
4. They don't mention that they actually paid for the sample and had the multitrack sent to them by the original artist. Because that's just boring.
true
or the journo mightn't understand the tech...so edits those bits out )
Old 05-02-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecc View Post
true
or the journo mightn't understand the tech...so edits those bits out )
True! So:
5. The journo mightn't understand the tech...so edits those bits out

Old 08-04-2017, 07:36 PM

Default Crack Logic

Hi,
I bought a mac off a guy, with a crack logic x....
Is it likely that some functions can be faulty?
Like If i tune a Kick....save it...then come back...it varies in pitch...that sort of thing?

Maybe I should just buy the legit Logic X
Old 09-04-2017, 01:09 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecc View Post
Hi,
I bought a mac off a guy, with a crack logic x....
Is it likely that some functions can be faulty?
Like If i tune a Kick....save it...then come back...it varies in pitch...that sort of thing?

Maybe I should just buy the legit Logic X
Simple answer, buy the legit app.

Mostly, afaik cracked software is a demo version that's been cracked and some functions are disabled. Also I believe, cracked software uses more CPU and Logic pro X is is heavy enough on CPU as it is. I actually know fuck all about programming, so I stand to be corrected.

LPX is an amazing DAW and well worth every penny, I think it retails for about €400, which is nowhere near the day when these programs were in and around €1,000. Also for licensing purposes, it is better to have legit software.

As I've said, I'm not expert, I'm just a user but also keep in mind, you won't be getting updates for LPX if it's a cracked version.

Hope this helps
Old 10-04-2017, 07:19 PM

Yeah I think you're right.
It's not too bad price; 200 Euro...