Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 05-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Senior PROC Member

One of the most chilling part of the Programme last night was the interview of the McConville children some time after the abduction. The oldest sister is doing all the talking while Michael McConville with a bruised and swollen face appears to be absolutely terrified and does not speak. Peace process or no peace process the fuckers that did that to a child should not be immune from prosecution. There should be no immunity for child abuse.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbigandjuicy View Post
They have one?
It's always helpful to read a political party's policies, it helps people make a rational decision, you should try it.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by an liathroid beag View Post
One of the most chilling part of the Programme last night was the interview of the McConville children some time after the abduction. The oldest sister is doing all the talking while Michael McConville with a bruised and swollen face appears to be absolutely terrified and does not speak. Peace process or no peace process the fuckers that did that to a child should not be immune from prosecution. There should be no immunity for child abuse.
I watched the documentary last night and to say I found it harrowing would be an understatement. Michael McConville was on the radio this morning and listening to him reliving his last 40 years of torment at not being able to save his Mammy from the IRA (his words), was a very distressing experience for me, so one can only imagine how it was for him.

Hopefully one day he will get the justice he, and his Mammy, deserve.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:03 PM

Surely it is not beyond the wit of FF, FG and Labour, to stand aside at the next election and allow a peace loving Independent to run against Adams and the corrupt $inn Féin electoral machine. Or are they quite content to have sitting in the Dáil, a creature who ordered the death of a widowed mother of ten?

Shame on them if they do.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captaindarlink View Post
I watched the documentary last night and to say I found it harrowing would be an understatement. Michael McConville was on the radio this morning and listening to him reliving his last 40 years of torment at not being able to save his Mammy from the IRA (his words), was a very distressing experience for me, so one can only imagine how it was for him.

Hopefully one day he will get the justice he, and his Mammy, deserve.
Welcome back CD.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution Cork View Post
This is some individual opinion not a policy, once more name one published SF policy that fills you with dread.
Sorry but that is my opinion of some of their economic policies.

Here is one :-
Quote:
•The state should provide essential services to the economy (nationalised/state services). There should be a state bank, a state insurance company, state fuel company, state IT company (telephone/broadband etc), state health system, state transport and state schools & universities. Sinn Féin does support private enterprise as being essential to an economy, but we also recognise the hugely important part the state has to play in economic success.
Nationalised State services ?

State bank* = Anglo / IBRC
State insurance company* = PMPA, Quinn
State fuel company = Bord na Mona
State IT company (telephone/broadband etc) = Telecom Eireann
State health system = HSE
State transport = CIE
State schools = 26th place for maths in PISA rankings....

We don't do "state run" very well in Ireland. More, not less, private sector involvement should be encouraged in our economy with proper regulation by the state where appropriate.

My main objection to them is simply based on their unrealistic populist policies knowing that were they actually in power they would actually make the same decisions as the Government is currently doing.

SF are the new FF. A land of comely maidens dancing at the crossroads, begrudgery and high taxation of those who work for a living, free turf for all.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution Cork View Post
It's always helpful to read a political party's policies, it helps people make a rational decision, you should try it.
Quote:
Amongst our proposals are the introduction of a third rate of income tax of 48% on income over €100,000, the introduction of a 1% wealth tax on assets valued at over €1 million, the standardisation of all discretionary tax reliefs, the capping of public sector salaries at €100,000, increases of 10% in both Capital Gains and Capital Acquisitions taxes, and a cut in the salaries of government Ministers, TD's and Senators. We completely oppose the introduction of the property tax and water charges.
Here is a very brief summation of their economic policies which are clearly geared towards what they see as their electoral base of those who are the less well off in the country but would these policies not have the effect of driving capital and investment from this country I wonder and make us all poorer as a result..
Old 05-11-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Sorry but that is my opinion of some of their economic policies.

Here is one :-

Nationalised State services ?

State bank* = Anglo / IBRC
State insurance company* = PMPA, Quinn
State fuel company = Bord na Mona
State IT company (telephone/broadband etc) = Telecom Eireann
State health system = HSE
State transport = CIE
State schools = 26th place for maths in PISA rankings....

We don't do "state run" very well in Ireland. More, not less, private sector involvement should be encouraged in our economy with proper regulation by the state where appropriate.

My main objection to them is simply based on their unrealistic populist policies knowing that were they actually in power they would actually make the same decisions as the Government is currently doing.

SF are the new FF. A land of comely maidens dancing at the crossroads, begrudgery and high taxation of those who work for a living, free turf for all.
Do they want a State Army or are they happy with own own private one?
Old 05-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDNO View Post
Here is a very brief summation of their economic policies which are clearly geared towards what they see as their electoral base of those who are the less well off in the country but would these policies not have the effect of driving capital and investment from this country I wonder and make us all poorer as a result..
Their policies are similar to the Labour Party of the 1970's and look what happened to them.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bin Hex 12 View Post
Do they want a State Army or are they happy with own own private one?
Can we just get rid of both ?

Or simply let them fight it out with the winner getting to be overweight and doing some ceremonial marching about......forever.