User Name
Password

Old 22-05-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee bushwacker View Post
😎
"ruck" is a 🏉 term.
I believe "schemozzle" or something similar is the gaah version. 😉
seriously though, i totally agree with you. Long range points from play are a skill that is great to watch. A game that ends 1-24 to 2-19 is going to have the fans absorbed from the throw-in to the final whistle. In contrast, a 1-10 to 1-9 result probably wouldn't.
Balls dropped short tend to cause a lot of "bunching" which is an untidy spectacle at the very least.
👌
Old 24-05-2019, 11:45 AM

Few rumours around that the players in Waterford want fanning gone and that training tonight has been cancelled.
Looks like all not well there.
Hard job to try follow McGrath. Bit like Ger Cunningham trying to follow Anthony Daly in Dublin, difficult
Old 24-05-2019, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekeeper_79 View Post
Few rumours around that the players in Waterford want fanning gone and that training tonight has been cancelled.
Looks like all not well there.
Hard job to try follow McGrath. Bit like Ger Cunningham trying to follow Anthony Daly in Dublin, difficult
😎
Not the first time that The Blaahs have made headlines for the wrong reasons is it though? 😉
Old 24-05-2019, 01:43 PM

Mcgrath prob not helping with the articles he’s writing on what needs to be done to sort it out, and all but saying ‘I’d love to go back’

They played great stuff against Galway in Nolan Park in the league semi. He’s unearthed 2 excellent new defenders (Lyons & Prunty) - the problem is, and always has been, an inability to hit a score of anywhere near around 30 points which is what it is taking to win games over the last 2 years.

The lack of sharpshooting forwards is why Mcgrath went Uber defensive over the last few years also. Devine was a big loss for them & paddy Curran looked like being the great white hope but just hasn’t happened for him. Expect Brick back into the HF line for the limerick game, I’d swap Moran and Gleeson also. I wouldn’t be surprised if they turn limerick over.
Old 24-05-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morello View Post
Mcgrath prob not helping with the articles he’s writing on what needs to be done to sort it out, and all but saying ‘I’d love to go back’

They played great stuff against Galway in Nolan Park in the league semi. He’s unearthed 2 excellent new defenders (Lyons & Prunty) - the problem is, and always has been, an inability to hit a score of anywhere near around 30 points which is what it is taking to win games over the last 2 years.

The lack of sharpshooting forwards is why Mcgrath went Uber defensive over the last few years also. Devine was a big loss for them & paddy Curran looked like being the great white hope but just hasn’t happened for him. Expect Brick back into the HF line for the limerick game, I’d swap Moran and Gleeson also. I wouldn’t be surprised if they turn limerick over.
Was at the Balls.ie night up in the Glen a few weeks back and McGrath was really coming across that he'd love to go back. He was tipping up Waterford this year big time and said he couldnt see Cork getting thru Munster. I still feel Waterford will be a dangerous animal coming to the Pairc, even if they are out by then. Thank god in a way that we get to sit and watch the others tear the shit out of each other the next day.
Old 25-05-2019, 04:55 PM

Won’t get much coverage but massive win fir the Kerry hurlers today vs Westmeath
Especially after Westmeath had set themselves up with their win vs Offaly last week
Joe McDonagh is a great competition, deserves more coverage

Shane Conway got 0-13 for kerry, brilliant player
Old 25-05-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Won’t get much coverage but massive win fir the Kerry hurlers today vs Westmeath
Especially after Westmeath had set themselves up with their win vs Offaly last week

A fantastic win up in Mullingar. Shane Conway is just in sensational form this year.
Old 25-05-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:

Big surprise ok .has opened up the competition again.looked to be a 2 horse race but everyone back in the mix now, even Offaly I think.
Old 25-05-2019, 10:36 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:

Should have serious coverage on media.
Old 25-05-2019, 10:54 PM
PROC Member

What do Offaly need to do to qualify? Also what was the players supposed issue with Kevin Martin? Too old fashioned or was there more to it?