Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old Today, 11:38 AM
king of the BONGO king of the BONGO is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the INTERNET
Posts: 10,877
Default

I saw that, mental.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old Today, 12:08 PM
Rorz Rorz is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cork
Posts: 6,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColCork View Post
I agree with you brah but maybe cunts is a bit strong as they are dead and will never be recovered.

Any charity involved in dangerous "stunts" needs to step back and take a look at themselves.

Yeah you're right, cunts was an unfair word to use

But going forward now we really need to assess how we few people who attempt to climb Everest in the knowledge of the risks that they face.

Are they brave, or are they selfish?
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old Today, 12:30 PM
ColCork ColCork is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 3,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorz View Post
Yeah you're right, cunts was an unfair word to use

But going forward now we really need to assess how we few people who attempt to climb Everest in the knowledge of the risks that they face.

Are they brave, or are they selfish?
Selfish....nobody with a wife and kids should even consider doing this.

Also number shoukd be ristricted and only people with high altitude experience allowed.
Also no search parties. You go missing thats it.

Hundreds of people looking to summit at the same time is just sad. When i hit yhe hills and mountains i go for the peace and solitude.

Pat Falvey is an asshole.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old Today, 12:34 PM
Rorz Rorz is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cork
Posts: 6,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColCork View Post
Selfish....nobody with a wife and kids should even consider doing this.

Also number shoukd be ristricted and only people with high altitude experience allowed.
Also no search parties. You go missing thats it.

Hundreds of people looking to summit at the same time is just sad. When i hit yhe hills and mountains i go for the peace and solitude.

Pat Falvey is an asshole.

He's an awful gobshite, I didn't know who he was the first time I heard him on PJ and he came across as a complete eejit.

I love the Austrian and Slovenian alps, lovely and relaxing, lots of picturesque villages where you'll meet people in traditional dress and you can enjoy a glass of local wine and some Alpine Bergkaese.

None of this ice axe and 8km falls carry on.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old Today, 12:39 PM
Dogwide Dogwide is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorz View Post
He's an awful gobshite, I didn't know who he was the first time I heard him on PJ and he came across as a complete eejit.

I love the Austrian and Slovenian alps, lovely and relaxing, lots of picturesque villages where you'll meet people in traditional dress and you can enjoy a glass of local wine and some Alpine Bergkaese.

None of this ice axe and 8km falls carry on.
Sounds the job. Could you go there on 4 day break? Dublin to Salzburg?
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old Today, 12:43 PM
Rorz Rorz is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cork
Posts: 6,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogwide View Post
Sounds the job. Could you go there on 4 day break? Dublin to Salzburg?

Easily, don't think you can fly to Salzburg from Ireland but you can fly to Munich very cheaply and its a short drive down the road. Stop off in Berctesgaden on the way down and visit Hitler's Eagles Near.

Salzburg is a quality spot. Good Irish pub there called Murphys Law, run by a Cork man. I went there after an all nighter once, yer man said I looked like I had been dug up out of the ground.

Funny fucker. We were there to see Salzburg play Austria Vienna in the last game of the season. I remember asking him do they get many away fans in, and he said "you could fit the Linz fans on a skateboard"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 11:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.