User Name
Password

Old Today, 11:38 AM
Senior PROC Member

I saw that, mental.
Old Today, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColCork View Post
I agree with you brah but maybe cunts is a bit strong as they are dead and will never be recovered.

Any charity involved in dangerous "stunts" needs to step back and take a look at themselves.

Yeah you're right, cunts was an unfair word to use

But going forward now we really need to assess how we few people who attempt to climb Everest in the knowledge of the risks that they face.

Are they brave, or are they selfish?
Old Today, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorz View Post
Yeah you're right, cunts was an unfair word to use

But going forward now we really need to assess how we few people who attempt to climb Everest in the knowledge of the risks that they face.

Are they brave, or are they selfish?
Selfish....nobody with a wife and kids should even consider doing this.

Also number shoukd be ristricted and only people with high altitude experience allowed.
Also no search parties. You go missing thats it.

Hundreds of people looking to summit at the same time is just sad. When i hit yhe hills and mountains i go for the peace and solitude.

Pat Falvey is an asshole.
Old Today, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColCork View Post
Selfish....nobody with a wife and kids should even consider doing this.

Also number shoukd be ristricted and only people with high altitude experience allowed.
Also no search parties. You go missing thats it.

Hundreds of people looking to summit at the same time is just sad. When i hit yhe hills and mountains i go for the peace and solitude.

Pat Falvey is an asshole.

He's an awful gobshite, I didn't know who he was the first time I heard him on PJ and he came across as a complete eejit.

I love the Austrian and Slovenian alps, lovely and relaxing, lots of picturesque villages where you'll meet people in traditional dress and you can enjoy a glass of local wine and some Alpine Bergkaese.

None of this ice axe and 8km falls carry on.
Old Today, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorz View Post
He's an awful gobshite, I didn't know who he was the first time I heard him on PJ and he came across as a complete eejit.

I love the Austrian and Slovenian alps, lovely and relaxing, lots of picturesque villages where you'll meet people in traditional dress and you can enjoy a glass of local wine and some Alpine Bergkaese.

None of this ice axe and 8km falls carry on.
Sounds the job. Could you go there on 4 day break? Dublin to Salzburg?
Old Today, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogwide View Post
Sounds the job. Could you go there on 4 day break? Dublin to Salzburg?

Easily, don't think you can fly to Salzburg from Ireland but you can fly to Munich very cheaply and its a short drive down the road. Stop off in Berctesgaden on the way down and visit Hitler's Eagles Near.

Salzburg is a quality spot. Good Irish pub there called Murphys Law, run by a Cork man. I went there after an all nighter once, yer man said I looked like I had been dug up out of the ground.

Funny fucker. We were there to see Salzburg play Austria Vienna in the last game of the season. I remember asking him do they get many away fans in, and he said "you could fit the Linz fans on a skateboard"