Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 30-04-2018, 10:51 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSensible View Post
Speaking of legalities, what would be the situation if the proposed 12 week legislation is passed, if for example the female wanted to keep the child and the boyfriend didn't and he beat the crap out of her ensuring a miscarriage ensued.Legally speaking would he only be charged with assault up to 12 weeks and murder thereafter?
By the time the legislation goes through, the fact that the baby was "likely" to have issues when born after the assault, it wouldn't be murder because the baby will have no value after the referendum.
Old 30-04-2018, 12:29 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
Do you not understand that the reason that smoking and drinking are frowned upon while pregnant is because of the effect it will have on the child once it is born?
You clearly don't understand that it's the POSSIBLE effect it will have on the child - but imagine the effect the abortion would have. And yet you demand the mother be given the CHOICE of what's done with her body and foetus. I wish you'd make your mind up.
Old 30-04-2018, 01:04 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
You clearly don't understand that it's the POSSIBLE effect it will have on the child - but imagine the effect the abortion would have. And yet you demand the mother be given the CHOICE of what's done with her body and foetus. I wish you'd make your mind up.
And abortion will have no effect on the baby once it is born, as the baby won't be born.

The random capitalization of words makes you look like a loon...
Old 01-05-2018, 09:00 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
And abortion will have no effect on the baby once it is born, as the baby won't be born.

The random capitalization of words makes you look like a loon...
If you think the capitalization of the word CHOICE in this thread was random then I'm afraid loon is probably giving you too much credit.

Your suggestion that an abortion will have no effect on the baby is just the type of legalese gobbledygook one would expect from your ilk. Talk about dancing on the head of a pin
Old 01-05-2018, 09:50 AM

I knew of a woman who partied her way through her pregnancy. Ecstasy, the lot.

Can you imagine being that low?
Old 01-05-2018, 12:07 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry_Mace_On View Post
I knew of a woman who partied her way through her pregnancy. Ecstasy, the lot.

Can you imagine being that low?
Should she just have had an abortion and carried on instead?
Old 01-05-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Should she just have had an abortion and carried on instead?
I've no idea how the kid turned out, but surely that sort of behaviour could cause neurological damage and other developmental problems. Foetal alcohol syndrome, for one.

Some people should be neutered.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:10 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry_Mace_On View Post
I've no idea how the kid turned out, but surely that sort of behaviour could cause neurological damage and other developmental problems. Foetal alcohol syndrome, for one.

Some people should be neutered.
Riiiiight - so some people should be neutered, while others should be aborted? What say you on the old and infirm - compulsory euthanasia?
Old 01-05-2018, 03:17 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Riiiiight - so some people should be neutered, while others should be aborted? What say you on the old and infirm - compulsory euthanasia?
Not a bad idea for anyone over 90. Some people are fit enough in their 80s, but it all goes to shit in their 90s. Especially if they drink and smoke.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:12 PM
Senior PROC Member

I know some people in their 90s who are sharper than some in their 60s. Different strokes (poor choice of words perhaps) for different folks!