tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Your pre-workout - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 25-08-2019, 03:49 PM
Choon Choon is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 7,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Comic View Post
10 pints
huge irish breakfast
shag the missus
watch the news
walk the dog
back to bed

Fuck all wrong with it either Comic-y m8
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 25-08-2019, 05:40 PM
boshea boshea is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: a small town about 6 miles wesht of the city.
Posts: 5,120
Default

Double espresso and I'm set. Nothing crazy these days anyway, so no need to get too pumped or hyped about it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 25-08-2019, 06:12 PM
BlackpoolTerrier BlackpoolTerrier is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,822
Default

Have moved completely away from the carb loading for the long runs. No food after 8pm the night before then 20 or so miles on a couple of glasses of water. Maybe a bite of a banana after 10 or 12 miles. Apparently this means you burn high-yield glycogen rather than lower energy carbs and get way more bang for your buck. 750ml of “Whey to Go” immediately afterwards.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 27-08-2019, 10:54 AM
Mike Strutter Mike Strutter is online now
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,435
Default

Any advice for a fella wanting to get trim to lose the belly and bodyfat?
I want to get back into fitness for obvious health reasons.
I've had a fairly sedentary lifestyle the last few years and the job is desk bound. So visceral fat is obvious enemy.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 27-08-2019, 10:56 AM
CJ Poogan CJ Poogan is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Strutter View Post
Any advice for a fella wanting to get trim to lose the belly and bodyfat?
I want to get back into fitness for obvious health reasons.
I've had a fairly sedentary lifestyle the last few years and the job is desk bound. So visceral fat is obvious enemy.
Start by walking 2 or 3 miles this evening.
Its quite literally as eaay as that.

I had my own mental health issues a few years ago and thats how i started.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 27-08-2019, 11:06 AM
Tube a Pringles Tube a Pringles is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18,104
Default

What's with this espresso stuff? There's not much caffeine in an espresso compared to a slow brewed mug of black coffee.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 27-08-2019, 11:08 AM
Donald Trump Donald Trump is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: The White House
Posts: 17,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Strutter View Post
Any advice for a fella wanting to get trim to lose the belly and bodyfat?
I want to get back into fitness for obvious health reasons.
I've had a fairly sedentary lifestyle the last few years and the job is desk bound. So visceral fat is obvious enemy.
Lift weights Mike, to build muscle. Read up on hypertrophy.

Another thing that psychologists think works is buying smaller plates. There’s a psychological thing in lots of us about finishing a meal (probably put there by the Irish mammy) about finishing your food. Reducing the size of your plate means less calories.

Another thing is if you still feel hungry after a meal wait for fifteen minutes before adding more to your plate. The reason for this is it takes the brain some time to recognize we’re full. We’ve all been there, having a nice meal, eating too much and then feeling disgustingly bloated after. I’ve never gone back for more after waiting the fifteen minutes.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 27-08-2019, 12:01 PM
Mike Strutter Mike Strutter is online now
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Poogan View Post
Start by walking 2 or 3 miles this evening.
Its quite literally as eaay as that.

I had my own mental health issues a few years ago and thats how i started.
Cheers Choon for that. I hear that walking is effective for all sorts of health benefits. It would be a good, mild start!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 27-08-2019, 12:03 PM
Mike Strutter Mike Strutter is online now
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,435
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
Lift weights Mike, to build muscle. Read up on hypertrophy.

Another thing that psychologists think works is buying smaller plates. There’s a psychological thing in lots of us about finishing a meal (probably put there by the Irish mammy) about finishing your food. Reducing the size of your plate means less calories.

Another thing is if you still feel hungry after a meal wait for fifteen minutes before adding more to your plate. The reason for this is it takes the brain some time to recognize we’re full. We’ve all been there, having a nice meal, eating too much and then feeling disgustingly bloated after. I’ve never gone back for more after waiting the fifteen minutes.
Thanks Donald, I do have a weakness for savoury food and I suppose think that it is OK because it is not fatty or unhealthy but I suppose there's a lot of sense is calories in/calories out too. What is the advantage of whey powder and createin (?) is that more for body builders etc? I've Googled hypertrophy and will look into it further later.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 27-08-2019, 12:05 PM
CJ Poogan CJ Poogan is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Strutter View Post
Cheers Choon for that. I hear that walking is effective for all sorts of health benefits. It would be a good, mild start!
We are coming into autumn. A wonderful time to walk.
Listen to the radio, music or audiobook whilst you do it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 04:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.