Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 19-03-2011, 01:12 AM

http://www.growshopalien.com/onlines...feminized.html
http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online...ProductID=7220
Old 19-03-2011, 01:13 AM

That's the job.

What sort of soil would you need in the pots? Just normal soil mixed in with compost? Is this just generic compost bought from a gardening store? Would the soil ever need to be changed? And the nutes ... just tomato feed, yeah? I imagine it would have to be manually watered more often too if they were planted in pots?

Sorry for the onslaught of questions. I have zero gardening experience, having lived primarily at the consumer end of the chain .
Old 19-03-2011, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankeechops View Post
There used to be a place next door to the dole office that used to sell seeds, Not sure if it is still there. When you but the seeds, buy a book too.
The Funky Skunk it was called. Still around it's just near the paul st. tesco car park entrance now.
Old 19-03-2011, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Street Elite View Post
Sorry for the onslaught of questions. I have zero gardening experience, having lived primarily at the consumer end of the chain .
Seriously lad, Get a book on the subject. Its not that hard really. Some of the fellas I know who have grown their own would have difficulty tying their own laces.

I will say this, Outdoors is the way to go, Way less hassle and far less incriminating that a hydro set up if you are caught.
Old 19-03-2011, 01:37 AM

Quote:
That's the job.

What sort of soil would you need in the pots? Just normal soil mixed in with compost? Is this just generic compost bought from a gardening store? Would the soil ever need to be changed? And the nutes ... just tomato feed, yeah? I imagine it would have to be manually watered more often too if they were planted in pots?

just compost would be fine, you could get a ph tester to check it but imo fellas get way too caught up with the science side of it(unless you were growing on a grand scale). the lowryders have a really short cycle so the compost you start out with will be fine. the nutrients are well worth getting right tho. not tomato feed, get a feed specifically for the "bloom" stage. watering is obviously very important, they cant be allowed to dry out whether they are in pots or in the ground. happy to answer the questions , only hope i dont give you any incorrect info.best of luck with it. if we all were at it the rip-off merchants and scumbags would be out of business overnight.
Old 19-03-2011, 01:57 AM

It's a necessity at this stage for me. The amount of dusted and gritty weed going around is scary and having smoked some of it myself before through sheer ignorance I just can't enjoy getting stoned off commercial weed now. All I'll do is fret about what could be in it and wonder where it's come from.

I know lads who actually go out and buy the stuff on discount - knowing it's dusted - but say it's okay because 'it's alright dust, not the damaging stuff'.

The mind boggles!
Old 19-03-2011, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidandang View Post
they'll grow fine indoors as long as they get plenty of sunlight. germinate them and then straight into 5 litre pots. if you're growing indoors you might try a different strain than the one i mentioned. i only said ak47 coz they're fairly hardy.i'ld wait untill the middle/end of may to start, just to maximise the amount of light they get. google irish seed bank and you might get someone local selling them, but i know guys who have bought online and there was no problems. seeds arent illeagal in this country.
The THC is produced as a protection against UV light. The higher up they're grown (Pakistan) the more UV light they're exposed to and so the more THC they produce. Same reason for using UV lights for indoor growing. Windows block UV light, you won't get a tan by standing next to a window. They'll grow alright but they'll be pretty weak.
Old 19-03-2011, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_didnt_do_nawtin View Post
The THC is produced as a protection against UV light. The higher up they're grown (Pakistan) the more UV light they're exposed to and so the more THC they produce. Same reason for using UV lights for indoor growing. Windows block UV light, you won't get a tan by standing next to a window. They'll grow alright but they'll be pretty weak.
fair play to ya. makes complete sense. have only ever grown under lights and outside, do you know if greenhouse panes is some kinda treated glass? coz i know fellas that have grown a reasonable weed under cold frames
Old 19-03-2011, 02:34 AM

Quote:
It's a necessity at this stage for me. The amount of dusted and gritty weed going around is scary and having smoked some of it myself before through sheer ignorance I just can't enjoy getting stoned off commercial weed now. All I'll do is fret about what could be in it and wonder where it's come from.

I know lads who actually go out and buy the stuff on discount - knowing it's dusted - but say it's okay because 'it's alright dust, not the damaging stuff'.

The mind boggles!
saw a news report a couple of years ago from wales warning people about weed that was dusted with crushed glass. crushed fuckin glass?!?!?! fuckin wankers
Old 19-03-2011, 02:52 AM

I prefer to smoke cock myself.