Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 29-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Banned

Default Sven's days numbered

Disgracfeul if this turns out to be true

Agent Athole Still believes Sven-Goran Eriksson's days at Manchester City are numbered following a fall-out with owner Thaksin Shinawatra.

The former England boss is unhappy Shinawatra has publicly criticised Eriksson following the team's disappointing second half of the Premier League campaign.

Tuesday's papers have suggested Eriksson will be sacked this term, however, Still has quashed talk the Swedish tactician will walk away from the remaining two years of his Eastlands contract.

Although Still has not had a lengthy chat with Eriksson following his meeting with club owner Shinawatra on Sunday, he does not think things are 'looking good' for the manager to stay on.

"I don't know, but the way that it's looking odds-against," he told Sky Sports News on Eriksson being City manager next season.

"Just because of the developments in the last couple of days. If Dr Shinawatra was going to give Sven a message of support I think we would have heard it.

"It's not looking good. Clearly there has not been the best of discussions between with himself and Dr Shinawatra.

"The only thing I can say with assurance is that Sven-Goran Eriksson will not be walking. I know they revere him in Manchester, from top to bottom.

"You walk if you feel that you have not done a good job and that you're not worthy of the position. In Sven's case that is very, very far from the true situation.

"I'm not spoken in depth with Sven since the meeting on Sunday."

Unhappy

Still has confirmed Eriksson was unhappy with Shinawatra after he was publicly criticised over their disappointing sequence of results.

"The story broke in the media about 10 days ago when Dr Shinawatra made some comments about being dissatisfied with the team and indirectly with Mr Eriksson," he continued.

"Sven was very unhappy with that, in the sense that if there is dissatisfaction it should be discussed internally first."

"Well he hasn't seen very much of him. That's a fact. Until last Saturday's game I don't think he was there in six weeks.

"Even before the time he was there in March. He's been back to Thailand. He's been all over. There hasn't been a great deal of discussion between them for many, many weeks
Old 29-04-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POL View Post
Disgracfeul if this turns out to be true
Why though?

This guy is obviously off his game anyway and even though Sven won his two cup finals, they have spent a lot but look like they are going nowhere fast

a lot of his players stoped playing once the dark cold nights kicked in

I think he could do better elsewhere though myself
Old 29-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Banned

Fired on the whim of a dwarf Thai dictator? I don't think so stevie
Old 29-04-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Fired on the whim of a dwarf Thai dictator? I don't think so stevie
Yer man is a loon anyway the perils of dealing with these guys Scolari would be crazy to go there
Old 29-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Banned

What the fuck was he expecting? a premiershit title? champions league qualification? FFS
Old 29-04-2008, 01:22 PM

Wink

Quote:
What the fuck was he expecting? a premiershit title? champions league qualification? FFS
True

These guys are deluded to the extreme

But Sven also was playing a risky game, though it is fair to say, no better man for the job
Old 29-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Banned

I thought he done quite well this year
Old 29-04-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I thought he done quite well this year
At the start of the season yes

But they are dropping off badly

They are only a few places above Sunderland now and don't seem to have the fight in them
Old 29-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVIEG View Post
At the start of the season yes

But they are dropping off badly

They are only a few places above Sunderland now and don't seem to have the fight in them
at the end of the year once you are mid table and well safe, no one gives a shit really for the last few weeks, unless you are in the FA cup final or something
Old 29-04-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
at the end of the year once you are mid table and well safe, no one gives a shit really for the last few weeks, unless you are in the FA cup final or something
Well UEFA Cup was a distinct possibilty for these guys and they have blown it big style

That kind of attitude is not good enough really

The owner is fruitcake though with major dodgy and questionable dealings in the past, Sven should have seen this