User Name
Password

Old 29-09-2011, 03:09 PM

I heard they are doing the Spailpin over Xmas
Old 29-09-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVIEG View Post
I heard they are doing the Spailpin over Xmas
A fair sized venue for'em... dya think they'll fill it tho??
Old 29-09-2011, 03:42 PM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling At Your Feet View Post
Thats interesting to hear, but the evidence/hype says otherwise.

The 2 New York gigs sold out in about a minute when they went onsale, plus there was a 2 ticket limit, and "will call only", which limited reselling of tickets considerably as you had to present yourself at the venue, show ID,collect tickets and go directly into the gig, with no option of going back outside. I would be interested to hear how your friend got his ticket or did he just go in with someone who had already secured 2 tickets.

This is the Q for tickets for the Saturday Night Live Performance last weekend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qVMxhODDlk

Saw this online so it was indeed sold out. I have mailed him to ask how he got a ticket. Hope he wasn't spinning a yarn.

Old 29-09-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreTheRomans View Post
A fair sized venue for'em... dya think they'll fill it tho??
loads of freebies i'd say
Old 18-10-2011, 04:16 PM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

In an interview with BBC 6 Music, Radiohead bassist Ed O'Brien revealed a few details regarding the band's 2012 tour. He said the group is now finalizing dates that will tentatively run from the end of February through November, in the UK and U.S., "the usual ports of call." Although some dates will take place at outdoor venues, the focus will mostly be on indoor venues. O'Brien said that playing the music on The King of Limbs in big outdoor festival settings "just doesn't feel right this time," and the band will focus on playing spaces where "the music is loud, strong, and detailed."
He emphasized that the group will shy away from playing simply the hits and their new record, and will instead dig deeper to focus on the songs that work best alongside their new material:

I think the important thing is that it's got to be a set in itself, it's got to work. Last time we went out, it felt very much like In Rainbows plus the greatest hits. And it's not going to be like that this time. I guess it's going to be predominantly from this record and the last record, and then see which songs fit around that.
Old 18-10-2011, 04:56 PM

Wasn't much impressed with their last gig in Dublin, felt the sound was lost in that big, open space. I do think they work better indoors in general; in particular I think the new album stuff is more suited to it.
Old 18-10-2011, 05:01 PM

Great to hear this, they are definitely an indoor band. It's just the nature of their sound. Losing any of those subtle elements, kinda fuck it up, which happened to an extent at Malahide Castle.(up the very front).
I could see them doing the smaller places early in the year and returning to say the O2 later. Hopefully this will mean a possible Olympia gig which would be incredible, I can't see them going straight into the O2. I would think they will gradually crank it up and play the bigger places later in the year.

Based on this piece, they could be going onsale in a matter of weeks.
Old 18-10-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlackNova View Post
I'd love to see them in the Olympia but I can't imagine that would happen really would it?
One of those 5 night stretches would be great.
Old 18-10-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splonk View Post
One of those 5 night stretches would be great.
Defintely a band worth going to see on consecutive nights. They are always changing setlists around almost every night. Saw them in 2006 in Hammersmith Apollo 2 nights in a row and they were 2 very different gigs. Not that the fact alone, means a great gig, but changing it around regularly can help thing sound and look fresh.

Secrets Of The Radiohead Set List Article
http://nymag.com/arts/all/process/17306/
Old 07-11-2011, 02:27 PM

Default First 2012 gigs announced

Radiohead just announced the first batch of 2012 gigs, starting off in Florida in February, and continuing in the U.S. until mid March. Just 10 gigs announced so far, but it has to be assumed, many more to come.
http://www.radiohead.com/tourdates/

Hopefully some European dates will be announced soon