Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 02-11-2016, 11:56 AM

Sorted on Dublin tickets, they had a presale this morning.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:24 PM

I'm going to try for them tomorrow.No chance though I'd say.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:33 PM
Senior PROC Member

Last saw em when they were touring Kid A in the tent.

Wouldnt be bothered going to see them again.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:57 PM

Out on June 23 through XL Recordings

RADIOHEAD

OK COMPUTER

OKNOTOK

1997 2017

Featuring Remastered OK COMPUTER,
B-Sides and Three Never Before Released Tracks:
“I Promise,” “Lift,” “Man Of War”

Out on June 23 through XL Recordings
Boxed Edition Shipping in July

Physical Preorder Live Now at
www.OKNOTOK.co.uk

LIVE - 20 June 2017
3ARENA, Dublin - SOLD OUT

Rescued from defunct formats, prised from dark cupboards and brought to light after two decades in cold storage… OKNOTOK will be issued on June 23rd through XL Recordings, coinciding (roughly) with the original 1997 release date(s) of Radiohead’s landmark third album OK COMPUTER.

OKNOTOK features the original OK COMPUTER twelve track album, eight B-sides, and the Radiohead completist’s dream: “I Promise,” “Lift,” and “Man Of War.” The original studio recordings of these three previously unreleased and long sought after OK COMPUTER era tracks finally receive their first official issue on OKNOTOK.

All material on OKNOTOK is newly remastered from the original analogue tapes.

The OKNOTOK BOXED EDITION will ship in July, featuring a black box emblazoned with a dark image of a burned copy of OK COMPUTER containing three heavyweight 180 gram black 12" vinyl records and a hardcover book containing more than thirty artworks (many of which have never been seen before) and full lyrics to all the tracks (except the ones that haven’t really got any lyrics). Under this weighty tome are yet more surprises: a notebook containing 104 pages from Thom Yorke’s library of scrawled notes of the time, a sketchbook containing 48 pages of Donwood and Tchock’s ‘preparatory work’ and a C90 cassette mix tape compiled by the band, taken from OK COMPUTER session archives and demo tapes.

Digital formats, double CD, and triple 180g LP versions of the 23 track album will be released widely on June 23rd.

OK COMPUTER was originally released on various dates ranging from May to July 1997. Produced by the band and Nigel Godrich, the album features the singles “Paranoid Android,” “Karma Police,” “Lucky” and “No Surprises,” and is widely cited as one of the greatest works of Radiohead’s - or any artist’s - catalogue. OK COMPUTER was the first Radiohead record to reach #1 in the UK and to be nominated for the Album of the Year GRAMMY. In 2015, The National Recording Registry selected OK COMPUTER to be preserved in the Library of Congress as a recording that has proven “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant.”

www.OKNOTOK.co.uk
Old 22-06-2017, 06:32 PM

What a gig on Tuesday at 3Arena, (first gig in Ireland since 2008 at Malahide Castle)crowd were fully engaged, they added a few extra tracks from OK Computer re the anniversary,and an unreleased track from those album sessions "I Promise".

In terms of a decent spread across the albums, its the best setlist i've seen from them.

01. Daydreaming
02. Desert Island Disk
03. Ful Stop
04. Airbag
05. 15 Step
06. National Anthem
07. My Iron Lung
08. All I Need
09. You And Whose Army?
10. Let Down
11. Bloom
12. Identikit
13. Idioteque
14. The Gloaming
15. The Numbers
16. Bodysnatchers
17. 2 + 2 = 5

---------Encore 1------------

18. No Suprises
19. I Promise
20. Paranoid Android
21. Present Tense
22. Everything In It's Right Place

--------Encore 2-------------

23. Lotus Flower
24. Fake Plastic Trees
25. How To Disappear Completely

Last edited by Falling At Your Feet; 22-06-2017 at 06:44 PM..
Old 23-06-2017, 01:37 PM

I believe the OK Computer remaster sounds lovely on a decent set up.