Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 09-02-2010, 12:23 PM

Default The Sports Village

hi lads and lasses,

This is one of my first posts so go easy on me! I just wanted to introduce myself and possibly get some feedback if that's okay. I'm involved with The Sports Village on the model farm Road and about 12 months ago we came under new management. We think the place has dramatically improved in that time frame and wondered what your thoughts on the place were to anyone who has visited us recently? Any feedback would be great, be it good or bad (hopefully not bad) but be honest (which I know you will)! We are always looking to improve things and would love to get your opinions about what we could do better.

We have indoor and outdoor tennis courts with plenty of classes, lots of studio classes, two indoor football pitches with leagues and competitions and a safe and secure place centre for the kids with many different options for birthday parties. All the details on the website! http://www.sportsvillagecork.com/

We also have a Facebook group which we would love you to join as you will get regular updates on the different events going on at our facility. It will be great to hear from you and thanks for your time. Stay active
http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage...ge/87383532063
Old 09-02-2010, 05:01 PM

How much is five-a-side rental for an hour, midweek?
Old 09-02-2010, 06:42 PM

the indoor pitches are ok. a bit small for 5 a side, and some of the surfaces comes up from the concrete floor (pitch 2, the centre cirlce). little bit pricey as well, but otherwise fine.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy magee View Post
How much is five-a-side rental for an hour, midweek?
hi Jimmy, the 5-a-side pitches are €25 per hour before 6 PM from Monday to Thursday. All the details are here
http://www.sportsvillagecork.com/foo...pagename=Rates
Old 09-02-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSilvermountZion View Post
the indoor pitches are ok. a bit small for 5 a side, and some of the surfaces comes up from the concrete floor (pitch 2, the centre cirlce). little bit pricey as well, but otherwise fine.
thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:53 PM

anyone else?
Old 10-02-2010, 10:00 PM

Location: in the back of cabby capers taxi screaming to get out..aaaaahhhh it hurts it hurts

how about you pay for some advertising and get and ad over there ------------>
rather than be scanty.

the site needs advertising revenue in order to survive.. why are you trying to kill the PROC??????
Old 10-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Banned

Murderer!

Someone call Matlock...
Old 15-02-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus View Post
how about you pay for some advertising and get and ad over there ------------>
rather than be scanty.

the site needs advertising revenue in order to survive.. why are you trying to kill the PROC??????
I thought I said go easy on me seriously though, I genuinely did not mean it to come across like that but if it did then I apologise. The last thing I want to do is kill the PROC!
Old 08-03-2013, 03:33 PM

Default disappointing

I became a fully paid up member specifically so I could play tennis but it's expensive every-time I bring a friend you have to pay significantly more for non members.. it's not worth it to be honest.. it would be better to play against other members.
they should really have a tennis ladder or some sort of system in place where you can leave your details so other members can contact you if they want to play.. and this would actually generate more money for the sports village! so I can't understand why they don't have some sort of ladder or something!