tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Next Cork Hurling manager - Page 4 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 31-07-2019, 08:28 PM
The Highway Man The Highway Man is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekeeper_79 View Post
Dream set up for me.

Manager: Kieran Kingston
Coach: Ger Cunningham

Selectors: Tom Kenny, Fergal Ryan , Niall Mccarthy

All proven winners. Kenny and Ryan to coach definsive duties , both regarded as excellent coaches
Niall Mac to coach ball winning and forward work rate/aggression
Kingston moderate success rate
Cunningham at UCC with massive production line of talent at his disposal , Kenny is a novice
Ryan trying to get Rockies over line
Niall Mac. Not heard anything
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 31-07-2019, 08:29 PM
The Bams The Bams is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 126
Default

Somewhat off the point, but can anyone confirm whether KO'D was on the bench for the last U-20 hurling game? I thought I saw him give advice to a sub before he went on. People were annoyed Frank used be found hanging about there, just wondered if the trend was continuing?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 31-07-2019, 08:33 PM
gingin gingin is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
They failed to do so v waterford in 17.
Without wanting to criticise a player, going down to 14 men had a huge bearing on that result.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 31-07-2019, 08:34 PM
thekeeper_79 thekeeper_79 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 3,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bams View Post
Somewhat off the point, but can anyone confirm whether KO'D was on the bench for the last U-20 hurling game? I thought I saw him give advice to a sub before he went on. People were annoyed Frank used be found hanging about there, just wondered if the trend was continuing?
He has to be there. Secretary must write the subs
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 31-07-2019, 08:35 PM
The Bams The Bams is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 126
Default

Thanks, didn't know that.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 31-07-2019, 08:44 PM
TheEarlofPearl TheEarlofPearl is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 12,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingin View Post
We'll never know and it's all hypothetical but I do think the signs in 2017 were very good for improvement going forward.
In fairness to Meyler he replicated the achievements in 2018 but I suspect Kingston with Pat Ryan and O Sullivan would have had enough nous to get us over the line against Limerick in Croke Park.
Pat Ryan would have been gone even if Kingston had stayed on.
__________________
Originally Posted by One
If you disagree fair enough, spare me the personal attacks.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 31-07-2019, 08:49 PM
jimmym jimmym is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 25,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingin View Post
Without wanting to criticise a player, going down to 14 men had a huge bearing on that result.
Sully admitted afterwards poor decisions on the line after the red card were a huge bearing
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 31-07-2019, 08:49 PM
Jukka Jukka is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistlecrack View Post
Are people keen on Donal Og? I'd hate to see him get the job tbh. Would love if Kingston got the gig again.
Donal Og would be a terrible choice, I can't understand how his name his being throw around so much. If a manager wants to bring him in as a coach, grand as he some bit of pedigree, but he's done absolutley nothing to merit a top intercounty manager role.

I'd seriously question him ever being suited to a management job to be honest. He's too prone to vendettas, and unlike Davy Fitz doesn't have the ability to bring everyone with him in a siege mentality manner. He's incapable of properly managing a group of 30+ players and backroom imho.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 31-07-2019, 08:51 PM
TheEarlofPearl TheEarlofPearl is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 12,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
Donal Og would be a terrible choice, I can't understand how his name his being throw around so much. If a manager wants to bring him in as a coach, grand as he some bit of pedigree, but he's done absolutley nothing to merit a top intercounty manager role.

I'd seriously question him ever being suited to a management job to be honest. He's too prone to vendettas, and unlike Davy Fitz doesn't have the ability to bring everyone with him in a siege mentality manner. He's incapable of properly managing a group of 30+ players and backroom imho.
But he is an "excellent pundit"
__________________
Originally Posted by One
If you disagree fair enough, spare me the personal attacks.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 31-07-2019, 09:13 PM
Cranky Corner Forwar Cranky Corner Forwar is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 209
Default

Why couldnt we go for someone like Davy Fitz, only because there isnt an outstanding candidate within the county, might be time to broaden our horizons and get someone with a huge amount of top level experience and who would realish a big job like the Cork hurling manager
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump







PROC Gig Guide
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Stunning - Paradise In The Picturehouse 30th Anniversary Concert
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

Sunday 27th December @ 7:00 pm



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.