Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 16-08-2016, 08:17 PM
nelly sham nelly sham is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,261
Default

Mo Farah is getting away with fucking murder for his times.

Cavendish being lauded as a hero despite being a scummer.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 16-08-2016, 08:41 PM
Krull Krull is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSensible View Post
Look at the medal count, team EU way out in front, 50 odd gold medals.
60 mill vs 400 odd mill m8, the happy few.

Team Farage. Team waterloo. Team El alimain.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-02-2018, 12:20 PM
the puerto rican feen the puerto rican feen is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Posts: 5,362
Default

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...test-athletics

good old clenbuterol

"Many in the sport suspected Levine would not fully recover from his injuries, which included a fractured pelvis. But he was back running before his positive test, dividing his time between an elite squad at Loughborough University and a group trained by Linford Christie, although the former British champion is no longer his primary coach."
__________________
"Some drink to remember some drink to forget"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-02-2018, 01:47 PM
nelly sham nelly sham is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,261
Default

Radcliffe is having an ongoing twitter spat with Ross Tucker, who's simply asking her to make her own records public like she's campaigning for.

Her earlier argument was that she wouldn't as "they wouldn't be understood", he then jumped in saying he'd understand them, let him see them.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-02-2018, 03:11 PM
keamoresouth keamoresouth is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly sham View Post
Radcliffe is having an ongoing twitter spat with Ross Tucker, who's simply asking her to make her own records public like she's campaigning for.

Her earlier argument was that she wouldn't as "they wouldn't be understood", he then jumped in saying he'd understand them, let him see them.
Tucker was on OTB AM this morning, some interesting views on Froome, Radcliffe, WADA and Russia. Starts here:
https://youtu.be/yBuEjURExAw?t=33m7s
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-02-2018, 03:24 PM
nelly sham nelly sham is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,261
Default

I was watching that on their twitter LIVE someone like him must be their biggest nightmare.

MacKenna bangs the drum and throws shit at the well, but is stuck in his favela, Tucker could ruin them if he gets the data.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 13-03-2018, 12:22 PM
the puerto rican feen the puerto rican feen is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Posts: 5,362
Default

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-russia-doping

The report also calls for a General Medical Council investigation into Dr Rob Chakraverty, formerly a British Athletics medic and now the lead performance doctor with the England football team. Chakraverty gave Mo Farah an injection of the controversial supplement L-Carnitine before the 2014 London Marathon but admitted to MPs he failed to record the treatment properly. He said a “mentally busy job” prevented him from making a proper record but the select committee called for an investigation.

“The committee was shocked to hear that Dr Chakraverty gave an injection of L-Carnitine to Mo Farah – a treatment that Dr Charkraverty had never before given and that Mo Farah had never before received – yet did not record the dose on Farah’s medical records,” the report reads. “UK Athletics has a responsibility to ensure that proper records are kept for its athletes, and the committee is pleased to note the progress that has been made since 2014. Poor record keeping not only impedes the work of the anti-doping authorities but can make it harder for clean athletes to clear their names, once questions about their use of medicines have been raised. Again we believe that the GMC should investigate any incident where doctors working in sport have failed to properly record the medicines they are supplying to their athletes.”
__________________
"Some drink to remember some drink to forget"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 13-03-2018, 02:09 PM
Krull Krull is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the puerto rican feen View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-russia-doping

The report also calls for a General Medical Council investigation into Dr Rob Chakraverty, formerly a British Athletics medic and now the lead performance doctor with the England football team. Chakraverty gave Mo Farah an injection of the controversial supplement L-Carnitine before the 2014 London Marathon but admitted to MPs he failed to record the treatment properly. He said a “mentally busy job” prevented him from making a proper record but the select committee called for an investigation.

“The committee was shocked to hear that Dr Chakraverty gave an injection of L-Carnitine to Mo Farah – a treatment that Dr Charkraverty had never before given and that Mo Farah had never before received – yet did not record the dose on Farah’s medical records,” the report reads. “UK Athletics has a responsibility to ensure that proper records are kept for its athletes, and the committee is pleased to note the progress that has been made since 2014. Poor record keeping not only impedes the work of the anti-doping authorities but can make it harder for clean athletes to clear their names, once questions about their use of medicines have been raised. Again we believe that the GMC should investigate any incident where doctors working in sport have failed to properly record the medicines they are supplying to their athletes.”
FFS L-carnitine does nothing, i tried it, you can get it on iherb.

The Russian bots and toadies are trying to discredit team GB out of pure jealousy. Sad.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 13-03-2018, 02:57 PM
the puerto rican feen the puerto rican feen is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Posts: 5,362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krull View Post
FFS L-carnitine does nothing, i tried it, you can get it on iherb.

The Russian bots and toadies are trying to discredit team GB out of pure jealousy. Sad.
what the hell is Mo Pharmacy doing getting it then, useful as a masking agent ?
__________________
"Some drink to remember some drink to forget"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 13-03-2018, 08:41 PM
TopicGrinder TopicGrinder is offline
Banned
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 19,159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krull View Post

The Russian bots and toadies are trying to discredit team GB out of pure jealousy. Sad.
What has this "Chakraverty gave Mo Farah an injection of the controversial supplement L-Carnitine before the 2014 London Marathon but admitted to MPs he failed to record the treatment properly."got to do with the Russians?

Did they puppet him at the hearing?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.