Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 17-09-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyAl View Post
Is that early house still going down alond next to lee cabs, bottom of shandon street? Now that was one dodgy spot boy lol. It had a door. That is all.
The Left Bank..........in a word grim.

It was owned by 3 or 4 local buisness men.

A guy had a row with his gf in their one night. She went home and he followed on and killed her.

The door and sign are still there.

That entire block is derilict except for the cab place and the "solictor".

Id say the exact ownership is confusing but if a company could buy it all it would make a lovely apartment block.
Old 17-09-2018, 01:37 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bells of shandon View Post
What you have on the Northside, which is missing in areas which are settled by 'blow ins,' is a sense of Community and cohesion. This makes the pubs real interesting ,lively,full of character, and the craic is mighty.
Are there

Many decent pubs left around there
Old 17-09-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
The Pinecroft is a complete hellhole but the locals seem to like it.

The Grange is like an 1980's themed lounge bar and needs a serious re-vamp, new T.V's etc. They now have an Asian "Street Food" restaurant that is indoors and always empty. They installed a stove that would not heat a 2 berth caravan and is hardly ever lit anyway. I found refuge there during the big snow for a few hours and will only return there during the next weather disaster to hit us if I am really stuck.

The Grange and the Pinecroft could be goldmines if they were properly re-developed and did food as their regular clientele of heavy drinkers slowly fade away.
The Grange is a no frills basic suburban drinking emporium that serves a market who couldn't be fucked taking the bus into town so aren't picky about the decor.

They've put a bit of work into it and it's comfortable enough, they have live music (wedding bands) on a Saturday night and rebel music on a Sunday (Sunday afternoons are bizarre, it could be a quiet sleepy afternoon and you open the door to the Grange and there are a few hundred people singing Dirty Old Town).

The take away is actually good but they need to lose the restaurant, it just looks depressing and the most people I've ever seen there is about four. They open for lunch Monday to Friday, anyone who's hanging around Grange on a weekday afternoon isn't going to he splashing out on lunch in a restaurant.
Old 17-09-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballhopping View Post
Are there

Many decent pubs left around there
The tower bar is a hidden gem
Old 17-09-2018, 01:48 PM

Anyhoo, the old fella must be rewarded. I reckon he should be given the freedom of glanmire. Get him on the late late show allready ffs. Every business in the locality should stand up and be counted. Come on lads, you know its the right thing to do.

And as for the would be robbers, lol lads, the worldwide public ridicule will be much worse than the lenient sentence ye will no doubt recieve. This shit has hit the viral fan, congratulations, its not an easy thing to do.
Old 17-09-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictac View Post
The Left Bank..........in a word grim.

It was owned by 3 or 4 local buisness men.

A guy had a row with his gf in their one night. She went home and he followed on and killed her.

The door and sign are still there.

That entire block is derilict except for the cab place and the "solictor".

Id say the exact ownership is confusing but if a company could buy it all it would make a lovely apartment block.
Those steps alongside are a fucking shit magnet as well. Place looks awful compared to surrounding buildings. You are right though, it would make lovely apartments with really decent views as well. Its a massive blight on the general area at the moment. it really is.
Old 17-09-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorz View Post
The Pinecroft has windows but they don't function. They have curtains which are kept closed at all times.

That's one depressing pub.

Now that I think of it, the Grange doesn't really have windows either. But that's a fine pub regardless. Super pints and super staff - who haven't changed in as long as I've been drinking there, which adds a homely community feel to the place.
Ya but it isnt designed like a fort like the stab and kill. Those ' slits' of glass are for pointing rifles through and nothing more.
Old Yesterday, 12:19 AM

Must of been told not to give tv interviews by the gardai and rightly so, while he did well his face is not very recognizable from the footage so I doubt he needs putting his face out there on tv, especially when these maggots are still out and about.
Old Yesterday, 12:24 AM

Rte used mostly the alternative cctv angle, the view from behind the counter is much better as it just shows him throwing the kick at yer man, lol it looks like the would be robber was sent flying out the door.

So hes 85 ? lol and worked in a cement factory or something as foreman.

I'm sure the bookies will reward him so I doubt he needs the hype and will be looking for it all to blow over.
Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy L View Post
Must of been told not to give tv interviews by the gardai and rightly so, while he did well his face is not very recognizable from the footage so I doubt he needs putting his face out there on tv, especially when these maggots are still out and about.
He has been named in various news outlets

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45551807