Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 05-10-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Random scurrilous Liverpool rumours

THIS WAS POSTED IN THE GOLD CLUB'S EXECUTIVE LOUNGE BY A MEMBER. I HAVE COPIED IT DOWN HERE JUST INCASE NOBODY ELSE HAS:

-----
START
-----

Continuing on from my previous post regarding a few bits of info past on from my boss who has a few connections within the board at anfield, i have been handed abit more info by the boss who this morning was still fuming about todays performance. Any way the information is very encouraging and shows that the world has not ended at anfield.

1. Barragan is being used in the first team in training ground matches as either a attacking full back or right midfielder the reports coming back are glittering and apparently bar gerrard and alonso he is the best crosser of the ball at the club and is very much in line for a first team call. I personally feel it will be against crystal palace but it is very nice to hear Barragan coming along so well.

2. However Barragan is not the only youth member receiving glowing reports in training Miki Rogue is suppose to be holding his own in training at the back and has filled in with carra during many training routines and is another that Benitez feels will be a first teamer in the not to distant future.

3. Continuing with the youth i am sure you are aware there were scouts at the u17 championships in peru and whilst the names have not been disclosed as deals are not done there are a few players that could well be making the switch to melwood soon. All i have heard of the players are that there is a dutch holding midfielder, a mexican winger(not sure of sides) and a south american striker(nationalty unknown) but is suppose to be lightning fast and a cool finisher. Names are being kept under wraps due to the tenderness of the said deals and the players are said to be highly desired by Benitez.

4. Liverpool have asked to be kept up to date with Simao at benfica and were extremely impressed with his performance against united. Although being understandably angered at Benfica for pulling out of the deal in the summer, Liverpool believe that a deal will be completed in January however other targets are beginning to become available.

5. Mexes has risen to the top of the defensive targets along with the two out of contract centre halves who are Navarro and Lopo??? Benitez believes however that Mexes could become the perfect foil for carra due to his composure on the ball and turn of pace as well as his ability to spot a pass. Although the board member believes that Liverpool are likely to look to bring in Navarro for a nominal fee and mexes on loan with a option to buy in the summer. This is due because coaching staff feel that we are considerably weak in that area and whilst the youth are very good that are not capable of competing week in week out at premiership level YET!!!!

6. As mentioned before Cortes is still being tracked and a scout was said to be attending their weekend game i believe it was against madrid not sure thou. Expecting the report soon and a move could be likely in the summer. If anyone saw the game could comment not sure if he played but any help would be nice cheers.

7. Patrice Evra of monaco a left back has become a target again the feeling is that there is not a left back of the highest quality at the club at the minute and therefore they feel that they will have to bring one in. However a deal will probably be next summer due to priortise else where.

8. The two top targets(meaning as in financial terms not posistional) are Juan Sanchez Joaquin and a fella from italy Iaquinta. Unaware of the latter but the former i personally would be delighted with. Benitez had mentioned Joaquin in the summer but betis would not talk as joaquin himself wanted champs league with betis however since summer things have changed and Joaquin has said to have informed his agent to check Liverpool out and Joaquin had a breif chat with a few Liverpool staff when the two teams played last month. I believe either a bid has been made or is in the process of being made as Liverpool want to strike while the iron is hot. Iaquinta is a player benitez has had watched and this board member believes from the talk that a move is being considered due to his current situation at udinese they may also see now as an ideal time to strike. Any info on this iaquinta fella would be grateful as my boss said the board member seemed extremely upbeat when talking about him.

Obviously Benitez does see that not all is well at Liverpool performance wise and is looking to sort it out although it is said that team spirit has never been higher and that after yesterdays defeat everyone kept there head up and are willing to work harder to address this.

A brighter note on Cisse thou apparently in training he is working his nackers of and is banging them in left right centre. But yesterday he was not in the right frame of mind due to problems else where concerning the police??

Will keep looking for more info and am happy to answer questions if anything is not understood. Cheers
Old 05-10-2005, 06:57 PM

and who'd ya get this off?
Old 05-10-2005, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound
and a fella from italy Iaquinta. Unaware of the latter
Udinese's main man and top scorer currently on strike after a silly dispute with the club so it could be an option
Old 05-10-2005, 07:02 PM

He has just signed a new contract but that wouldn't necessarily mean he'll not move elsewhere in the summer, just means that he'll cost that bit more.

http://www2.sbs.com.au/home/index.php3?id=63721
Old 05-10-2005, 08:29 PM

Thats all from the Koptalk insider. All comments are from the Insider rather than myself.

This is like 'Heat' magazine for footie fans!
Old 05-10-2005, 09:42 PM

Talking

Quote:
the feeling is that there is not a left back of the highest quality at the club at the minute

No shit!
Old 05-10-2005, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KolaKubes
No shit!
Go on!

Please.

I beg you to tell me that Kieran Richardson is a better left back than Riise or Warnock.
Please do.

And for your next trick you can regal me with tales that Rossi will be better than Owen..
Old 06-10-2005, 12:41 AM

Talking

Quote:
Go on!

Please.

I beg you to tell me that Kieran Richardson is a better left back than Riise or Warnock.
Please do.

And for your next trick you can regal me with tales that Rossi will be better than Owen..
now THATS comeback!
Old 06-10-2005, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Go on!

Please.

Please do.

Neither of whom were deemed good enough to get into the side in front of Djimi "fucking" Traore?

I will rise to your bait though, seeing as you were good enough to rise to mine. Richardson, indeed, has more to his game already than both those and, who knows, might even start for England in one of their crunch games this week in place of Cole.

As for Rossi, tell me why he can't be better than Owen? You've every reason to be skeptical, he's done nothing in the game yet but, by all accounts, it seems that Utd had every reason not to follow up their interest in Owen when we've got this lad coming through the ranks.

Quote:
Default Rooney Impressed By Rossi
Wayne Rooney believes Italian striker Giuseppe Rossi has a genuine chance of breaking into the first-team picture at Old Trafford.

After earning rave reviews for his displays last season in the Reserves, the skilful 18-year-old has edged onto the periphery of Sir Alex Ferguson's squad.

When asked by The Sun who was the best young player he'd seen, Rooney replied: "Rossi. I think he's got a great chance. He has got a great touch, and is a natural finisher. "

Rooney's insight comes from a well-qualified position, as a supremely gifted youngster himself,
Quote:
Rossi the new Greaves?
Manchester United youngster Giuseppe Rossi has been compared to legendary former England and Milan striker Jimmy Greaves. United’s academy chief Les Kershaw said: “The FA set up a system with Academies to develop kids to win England the World Cup. I don't care if England don’t get in the top 32 in the world. My job is to get a player in United’s first team. But he doesn’t need to be English. Rossi has a wonderful chance. He’s like Jimmy Greaves, a left-kicker, tucks the ball away. But not English.”
Old 06-10-2005, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KolaKubes
Neither of whom were deemed good enough to get into the side in front of Djimi "fucking" Traore?

I will rise to your bait though, seeing as you were good enough to rise to mine. Richardson, indeed, has more to his game already than both those and, who knows, might even start for England in one of their crunch games this week in place of Cole.

As for Rossi, tell me why he can't be better than Owen? You've every reason to be skeptical, he's done nothing in the game yet but, by all accounts, it seems that Utd had every reason not to follow up their interest in Owen when we've got this lad coming through the ranks.
look tom, you've already given us niall fitz and the fa cup fiasco to beat you with, don't add another.