Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-02-2018, 05:17 PM
Happyhonkaman Happyhonkaman is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 17,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
Could get a few cases of nice vino for €600 M8.
yup - you'd get 24 bottles of joy
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-02-2018, 05:42 PM
Rebel CNC Rebel CNC is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browser Brody View Post
Hey Folks.

Want to get a full medical and full blood test done in Cork. I don’t really have a GP. Essentially I want to get everything tested within reason just to make sure I’m 100% and ship shape.

Heard news of a former colleague not much older than myself that got diagnosed with terminal cancer and it’s put the wind up me to go and get myself checked.

Happy Friday !!!
Believe you need a referral from GP to get the full NCT done. Most GPs will do the Wellman check-up at the practice and send bloods, urine to external lab for review. whole thing should cost about €250.

Sorry to hear about your colleague. If you're over 40 ask them to refer you for CT/MRI scans too. Cost a few hundred extra but should pick up any nasty stuff that is evolving before it turns malignant or begins to spread.
Early detection is crucial for the big C.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-02-2018, 05:43 PM
markyboy markyboy is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browser Brody View Post
Balls, no health insurance either .

Fuck it, I’m up a few quid on the crypto so might as well get the works done.

Not a big drinker, enjoy a smoke of the green now and again and am in decent nick for my 37 years.

Could be the best 600 quid I ever spent if they found something big but caught it in time
90% of what's done down there would be covered by full bloods via a gp. You might miss out on an ecg but you probably know how tall you are already..:
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-02-2018, 07:27 PM
The Judge The Judge is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browser Brody View Post
Hey Folks.

Want to get a full medical and full blood test done in Cork. I don’t really have a GP. Essentially I want to get everything tested within reason just to make sure I’m 100% and ship shape.

Heard news of a former colleague not much older than myself that got diagnosed with terminal cancer and it’s put the wind up me to go and get myself checked.

Happy Friday !!!
It depends on the age you are for what you need.If your below 45,a bloods test with a GP will do to start with.This will cover your sugars,cholesteral,b lood cells and prostate.Normally when your over 50 they'll do the physical test for prostate.I go every 6 months as i'm over 50.If anything shows up then you may be referred for scans/mri.Don't waste your money spending more than 80.Thats what my fella charges.He rings me up the following week with the results.Also make an appointment for the earliest time in the morning as you'll be fasting from midnight and might be starving later on 😉😉😉
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-02-2018, 07:34 PM
Roxetten Roxetten is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
It depends on the age you are for what you need.If your below 45,a bloods test with a GP will do to start with.This will cover your sugars,cholesteral,b lood cells and prostate.Normally when your over 50 they'll do the physical test for prostate.I go every 6 months as i'm over 50.If anything shows up then you may be referred for scans/mri.Don't waste your money spending more than 80.Thats what my fella charges.He rings me up the following week with the results.Also make an appointment for the earliest time in the morning as you'll be fasting from midnight and might be starving later on 😉😉😉
That's what I was told by my GP, I'm surprised to read that lads are getting MRI scans and what not done on themselves without good reason.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-02-2018, 07:41 PM
The Judge The Judge is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
That's what I was told by my GP, I'm surprised to read that lads are getting MRI scans and what not done on themselves without good reason.
I asked my fella a few years back about these scans and MRI and he said if theres anything ontoward that it would show up on my bloods.He weighs me and does my blood pressure while i'm there and my cholestoral has come down to 4.9 since 18months ago when i was at 5.9 😯😯😯.Everyone services their cars each year.Why not pay a few bib for your bodys M.O.T.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-02-2018, 07:58 PM
Roxetten Roxetten is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
I asked my fella a few years back about these scans and MRI and he said if theres anything ontoward that it would show up on my bloods.He weighs me and does my blood pressure while i'm there and my cholestoral has come down to 4.9 since 18months ago when i was at 5.9 😯😯😯.Everyone services their cars each year.Why not pay a few bib for your bodys M.O.T.
That's not 100% accurate afaik but it's still well worth doing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-02-2018, 09:58 PM
markyboy markyboy is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,203
Default

My GP said the chances of a fully grown male over 50 walking voluntarily into his surgery just for a checkup is extremely rare. 🙁
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-02-2018, 10:10 PM
Browser Brody Browser Brody is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyboy View Post
My GP said the chances of a fully grown male over 50 walking voluntarily into his surgery just for a checkup is extremely rare. 🙁
It’s the old Irish attitude, “if nobody tells me I’m sick, then I’m not sick”
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-02-2018, 10:40 PM
Heraldo Heraldo is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: There
Posts: 2,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
Or a Mexican strat.
I’d love a Mexican Tele myself!


Browser Brody, sorry to hear about your colleague, best of luck with your check up. Definitely worth the money. Can’t put a price on your health.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.