tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Dublin 5 in a row, GREATEST team ever - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 14-09-2019, 06:38 PM
Dual Star Dual Star is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 553
Default Dublin 5 in a row, GREATEST team ever

Fair play to the Dubs, I take my hat off to them, they are the greatest
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 14-09-2019, 06:43 PM
Sharpshooter Sharpshooter is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 55
Default

Will they make it 6, 7, 8 in a row?

Wouldn't bet against them, don't think this run is over.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14-09-2019, 07:21 PM
greengrass greengrass is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7,981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
Will they make it 6, 7, 8 in a row?

Wouldn't bet against them, don't think this run is over.
They are brilliant but I Think that's it.the pressures are too much.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 14-09-2019, 07:33 PM
iluvhurling iluvhurling is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,625
Default

Made history, 5 in a row, greatest team of all time, blah, blah, blah.
It's gotten boring and has been for a while. There has to be uncertainty in sport in terms of winners and losers. Very little of it in gaelic football now.
Kerry had a chance in the drawn game and probably surprised themselves when they found themselves in a position to win. Ultimately didn't have the self belief and allowed Dublin get the draw. Today was a foregone conclusion and was over as a contest a minute into the second half. Yes, Kerry got it back to a point but the last 20 minutes was a bit of a procession for Dublin.
I watched very little Gaelic football this year and can't see that changing in the next few years as Dublin will continue to dominate. What need to be done to change that dominance........ well that's a whole other debate.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 14-09-2019, 07:35 PM
MerchantOfEnnis MerchantOfEnnis is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 5,398
Default

Fantastic day for Irish sport, proud of Dublin today and everything they have achieved. Roll on the next five

#Dublin Abú
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 14-09-2019, 07:36 PM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 25,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvhurling View Post
Made history, 5 in a row, greatest team of all time, blah, blah, blah.
It's gotten boring and has been for a while. There has to be uncertainty in sport in terms of winners and losers. Very little of it in gaelic football now.
Kerry had a chance in the drawn game and probably surprised themselves when they found themselves in a position to win. Ultimately didn't have the self belief and allowed Dublin get the draw. Today was a foregone conclusion and was over as a contest a minute into the second half. Yes, Kerry got it back to a point but the last 20 minutes was a bit of a procession for Dublin.
I watched very little Gaelic football this year and can't see that changing in the next few years as Dublin will continue to dominate. What need to be done to change that dominance........ well that's a whole other debate.
Would we crib if cork Hurlers or footballers were in Dublin position? I'd sooner watch Dublin rather than likes of Tyrone,donegal,Galwa y,
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 14-09-2019, 07:47 PM
Sharpshooter Sharpshooter is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengrass View Post
They are brilliant but I Think that's it.the pressures are too much.
They'll surpass Kerry's record number of wins within the next 2 decades IMO. Dublin will start to dominate long term the way New Zealand are at Rugby.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 14-09-2019, 07:54 PM
The Highway Man The Highway Man is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 693
Default

Lads relax you will have 5 or 6 Retirements and possibly Gavin going . The reality is this is a great team and Dublin don't seem to have the replacements Coming up through underage. I have to laugh at the Hurling man with his comment he's not seen much Football this year . 😂 Pretty sure Kilkenny won 5. Assume you never watched much that year either.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 14-09-2019, 08:01 PM
Jukka Jukka is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengrass View Post
They are brilliant but I Think that's it.the pressures are too much.
Don't think it is for them. It's taking far more effort and energy for others to catch up on them than it is for Dublin to stay ahead.

Obviously they won't keep winning endlessly, but probably looking at more than half of the next 10. Unlike when Kerry/Kilkenny were dominating, others can't look at them and think that if they match all the good work they do that similar results will follow.

This Kerry team will push on, and unlike Mayo will have the where with all to win a few. Galway and Donegal are the two others I'd be watching, potentially a wildcard like Kildare. If we do what we're supposed to we can get there. But you're talking about scrapping for one every other year while Dublin win the majority.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 14-09-2019, 08:36 PM
dukeroyale dukeroyale is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Feckarse
Posts: 2,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highway Man View Post
Lads relax you will have 5 or 6 Retirements and possibly Gavin going . The reality is this is a great team and Dublin don't seem to have the replacements Coming up through underage. I have to laugh at the Hurling man with his comment he's not seen much Football this year . 😂 Pretty sure Kilkenny won 5. Assume you never watched much that year either.
you know the hurling fraternity are never happy if something overshadows their favoured sport.

i never thought the words would come from me but fair play to dublin. i’d prefer if neither them nor kerry ever won an all-ireland again but that’s the way she goes.

with any luck the gaa dinosaurs are wiped soon out and theres a proper structure applied to the championship because imo the current one is shambolic.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump







PROC Gig Guide
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Deady
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

Friday 11th December @ 7:30 pm



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.