tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Official Cork Under 21 Hurlers 2017 Thread - Page 65 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 05-10-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightHalfBack View Post
Yes indeed - a really top performance that night. I thought it was bizarre that Imokilly played him in goal v Erin's Own. Surely now he should be a forward and be developed to play there for Cork
Dalton has sweet fuck all pace mate.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:01 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorBSub View Post
Have you ever actually seen Dalton play? Will never make it out the field, way to slow. Only got the award for his free taking against Waterford. If he ever is to make it, it will be in goal but nash and Collins much better than him.
I agree he is not the fastest but there are lots of IC players in that category. I can only go on what I have seen of him but he is a good striker of the ball, can win his own ball and has a bit of cutting to him and above all else he is mentally strong as he showed with that penalty v Waterford. I don't know what is wrong with that as a package but considering some of the fellas who have been handed a Cork jersey over the past 10 years I think Dalton is a fella well worth looking at. He may not make it but worth a look and it won't be as a keeper.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorBSub View Post
Have you ever actually seen Dalton play? Will never make it out the field, way to slow. Only got the award for his free taking against Waterford. If he ever is to make it, it will be in goal but nash and Collins much better than him.
Some times you wonder do lads even think of the players or their families reading here before they post. Have a small bit of cop on.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicGrinder View Post
Some times you wonder do lads even think of the players or their families reading here before they post. Have a small bit of cop on.
WeLl said Topic.There I said it
Old 07-10-2017, 11:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengrass View Post
WeLl said Topic.There I said it
Old 09-10-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightHalfBack View Post
I agree he is not the fastest but there are lots of IC players in that category. I can only go on what I have seen of him but he is a good striker of the ball, can win his own ball and has a bit of cutting to him and above all else he is mentally strong as he showed with that penalty v Waterford. I don't know what is wrong with that as a package but considering some of the fellas who have been handed a Cork jersey over the past 10 years I think Dalton is a fella well worth looking at. He may not make it but worth a look and it won't be as a keeper.
Was at match yesterday could have done better for two SARS goals
Old 09-10-2017, 04:43 PM

I would like to see Dalton get a run at full forward in the winter league next January.
He is physically very strong, can catch a ball in the air as well as anybody and has a shot like a cannon.
We have lots of players with blistering pace, but are short of strong physical players, Dalton certainly is that.

Then, if he isn't up to the mark, at least he will have been given a chance.
We must remember how young he is and as he has played so much in goal he probably has not been concentrating on building up his speed as much as others have.

Equally, I would like to see Cormac Murphy also get a run in the centre forward position early in the new year.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
Was at match yesterday could have done better for two SARS goals
If he makes the Cork U21 team as a centre forward and makes enough of an impact to make the U21 All Star team then I don't understand why his division would play him in goal. Pace or no pace we don't need another keeper in Cork right now but we could do with a ball winning centre or full forward who can take a score. I am still baffled by this decision although to be fair Imokilly had a very strong half forward line with Paudi, Harnedy & Leahy. Maybe the lad was sacraficed as a forward to try to win the county
Old 09-10-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Cork View Post
I would like to see Dalton get a run at full forward in the winter league next January.
He is physically very strong, can catch a ball in the air as well as anybody and has a shot like a cannon.
We have lots of players with blistering pace, but are short of strong physical players, Dalton certainly is that.

Then, if he isn't up to the mark, at least he will have been given a chance.
We must remember how young he is and as he has played so much in goal he probably has not been concentrating on building up his speed as much as others have.

Equally, I would like to see Cormac Murphy also get a run in the centre forward position early in the new year.

Cormac Murphy centre forward? You obviously weren't at the intermediate final on Saturday night. Very poor there for Mallow
Will do well to hold onto a place on the panel