tempobet Instagram Profiles
Up for the match - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 13-08-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
I have only ever heard about this programme, I am not into GAA at all so I imagine it is probably Dumplin presenters interviewing bog trotting GAA supporters and taking the piss out of them indirectly.

So what's the story with the name of the show ?

Up for the match ?

If one is going from the South of the country to Dumplin then that is going North and technically that is in an Northerly direction so that can therefore apply to the South of The Country so the programme title is correct here.

However if one is coming from the West it is over to Dumplin.

If one is coming from the North, it is down to Dumplin.

So is the name of the programme a slap on the back to the superiority to which those in Dumplin feel about themselves?

Or is it just the bogger GAA supporters from outside the pale that confuses them in Dumplin so they assume that anyone from outside of the M50 is a bogger?

one always goes up to the capital.

it's a British thing.
Old 13-08-2019, 03:34 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jams View Post
one always goes up to the capital.

it's a British thing.
Jams, thank you, a British thing, pure and other arrogance and superiority so.
I have to wonder have the GAA ever had an issue with the name of this show or are the lads in GAA HQ as arrogant ?

Earl, I have never watched it, if you read my previous post, it is quite clear that I have no interest in GAA so why would I watch this show ?

Surely the audience of that show is made up mostly from the 2 counties which are in whatever final it is.
Old 13-08-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian View Post

Earl, I have never watched it, if you read my previous post, it is quite clear that I have no interest in GAA so why would I watch this show ?
Why would post on a thread about a show that you have no knowledge of and no interest in the subject matter of the show? Bar the embarrassing GAA chip on your shoulder. At least it gives the solicitors on your other shoulder a break.
Old 13-08-2019, 08:17 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarlofPearl View Post
Why would post on a thread about a show that you have no knowledge of and no interest in the subject matter of the show? Bar the embarrassing GAA chip on your shoulder. At least it gives the solicitors on your other shoulder a break.
I must be well balanced so in your eyes.

I was curious and i read the thread and i thought to myself, why is that show called ' up for the match '

Anyway you were no help with that query.