tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Plan for new 5,000-seat arena in Cork - Page 79 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 21-03-2019, 03:54 PM

Why does BAM’s name keep on coming up with regards to over spending, and i am not just talking abour the Childrens Hospital or the Cork venue.

Questions need to be asked, and especially why they were allowed to commence building those apoartments and offices when nothing substantial had even started with the venue. Nothing should have been built at all until everything was in place. Now, we could end up with a appartment blocks, directly opposite a demolitician site.
Old 22-03-2019, 01:06 PM
Senior PROC Member

That pile of rubble on the old FAS site is a total eyesore.

Classic BAM that.
Old 22-03-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamish View Post

Classic BAM that.
My understanding is that the BAM Sullivans Quay demolitician site, will remain as is, (eg the planned hotel onsite, will not be developed)until such time, as the event centre is finalised.

Cork city, has been double BAMed !
Old 22-03-2019, 02:08 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling At Your Feet View Post
My understanding is that the BAM Sullivans Quay demolitician site, will remain as is, (eg the planned hotel onsite, will not be developed)until such time, as the event centre is finalised.

Cork city, has been double BAMed !
BAM and the event centre is gone!

Yet people will return Coveney come election time, a politician who in his own words has 'staked his reputation' on this project, and has singularly failed.
Old 22-03-2019, 02:23 PM

He has to share some responsibility allright, but, happy that his higher priority was his involvement in Brexit, where he has performed quite well.

And i betcha if the O’Callaghan site on Albert Quay had won the tender process, it would be finished and operating now.
Old 22-03-2019, 02:35 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
He has to share some responsibility allright, but, happy that his higher priority was his involvement in Brexit, where he has performed quite well.

And i betcha if the O’Callaghan site on Albert Quay had won the tender process, it would be finished and operating now.
Without a shadow of a doubt.

Thanks to the 'brewery quarter' numpties.
Old 22-03-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamish View Post

Classic BAM that.

surprised they just didn't fuck it all into the river 20 yards away

---------------------------------------
CMJ Print
https://www.facebook.com/Choc-A-Bloc...7028939951391/
Old 22-03-2019, 03:23 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Comic View Post
surprised they just didn't fuck it all into the river 20 yards away

When was it demolished?
Old 22-03-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:

Thats the same OCP who promised an Event Centre in order to get planning for Mahon Point?

The extra money is needed to make the construction viable since the original design was fucked up by BAM and had to be redesigned at a much larger cost after input from Live Nation. Live Nation are going to run the venue and seem to be (understandably) apathetic about the whole thing, they are not going to pay much to for a venue in a city of 200k.

As I posted in the other thread, if this is called off, it's done. There won't be any developers running in to save the day with another proposal. I wouldn't be surprised to see Limerick council put in for another loan from Europe after watching from the sides and learning from all of the mistakes made in Cork. we could well end up in a Thomond Park situation where we all need to ship up to Limerick for the big events while the highlight of our year will be Christy Moore playing in a tent by the marina.
Old 22-03-2019, 04:01 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeyumyum View Post
Thats the same OCP who promised an Event Centre in order to get planning for Mahon Point?

The extra money is needed to make the construction viable since the original design was fucked up by BAM and had to be redesigned at a much larger cost after input from Live Nation. Live Nation are going to run the venue and seem to be (understandably) apathetic about the whole thing, they are not going to pay much to for a venue in a city of 200k.

As I posted in the other thread, if this is called off, it's done. There won't be any developers running in to save the day with another proposal. I wouldn't be surprised to see Limerick council put in for another loan from Europe after watching from the sides and learning from all of the mistakes made in Cork. we could well end up in a Thomond Park situation where we all need to ship up to Limerick for the big events while the highlight of our year will be Christy Moore playing in a tent by the marina.
As was said here by many at the time, the Albert Quay site made a lot more sense and so it has proven.