tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT! - Page 3395 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 22-10-2019, 08:22 PM
PROC Member

No Deal is what he is aiming for but Westminster won't give it to him.
His deal would be a second place but the EU will probably give him til January.
So leaving on Oct 31st will be unlikely, but the General Election will happen.
Hard to see how Labour win that, unless Brexit party savage the tory vote.
But if he can play it as I had a deal, it got through parliament and the remainers delayed me, the Brexit party should not make too many inroads, but will he get a majority?

Think Labour are not playing this well.

Main winners will be the SNP out of this - the GE could give them all but 4 or 5 seats. That is a mandate for independence.
Old 22-10-2019, 08:29 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Donald Tusk
@eucopresident

Following PM @BorisJohnson’s decision to pause the process of ratification of the Withdrawal Agreement, and in order to avoid a no-deal #Brexit, I will recommend the EU27 accept the UK request for an extension. For this I will propose a written procedure.
Old 22-10-2019, 09:13 PM

I think the main thing to take away from this evening is that Boris has finally won a vote.

His record might be 9-1, but the comeback starts from here
Old 22-10-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROCNA2018 View Post
But if he can play it as I had a deal, it got through parliament and the remainers delayed me, the Brexit party should not make too many inroads, but will he get a majority?

Main winners will be the SNP out of this - the GE could give them all but 4 or 5 seats. That is a mandate for independence.
Sunlit uplands I'm afraid .
Old 23-10-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by an liathroid beag View Post
Johnson won the first vote and lost the second. HOC wants more time to examine the deal in detail. The fun is about to begin as Brexit cannot now happen on Oct 31
More seats for Boris at the election, because Yvette Cooper wanting more time to scrutinise the deal will wash really well with her constituency.

#WellPlayedBoris
#Winner
Old 23-10-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan The Vegetarian View Post
More seats for Boris at the election, because Yvette Cooper wanting more time to scrutinise the deal will wash really well with her constituency.

#WellPlayedBoris
#Winner
Time taken to scrutinise some of the most important legislation for the past half century legislation costs votes.

And you consider this to be a good thing?
Old 23-10-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan The Vegetarian View Post

#WellPlayedBoris
#Winner
It is M.P'.s of all parties job to scrutinise legislation.

Especially one which makes their constituent's poorer and removes their rights.

Which is why Boris is stuck and he is clearly not used to rigorous scrutiny.
Old 23-10-2019, 07:40 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROCNA2018 View Post

It would be very interesting to see if the HoC would permit another independence vote in Scotland, if they do I think it would signal the end of their union - something the DUP want above all else.

If Scotland, the nearest land-fall of Britain to the north of Ireland, is no longer in the union, then geographically, politically, psychologically, the north is further isolated from the union, and the English would see themselves as having far more in common with the Scots with whom they share their island, than the northern Irish who they tend to see first and foremost as Irish.

If Scotland votes again on independence but this time independence within the EU, or remain in the UK but outside of the EU, I've no doubt the Scots will vote for independence within the EU.

Bring it on.
Old 23-10-2019, 08:26 AM

#GlobalBwitain
#theCommonwealth
#Outwardlooking
#Anglosphere

After almost 40 years of service Air New Zealand (ANZ) has announced its London route will end in October 2020.
The news will come as a surprise to regular users of this flagship ANZ service which is New Zealand’s only link to Europe.
Some years ago, at the time ANZ was also operating Auckland-London via Hong Kong, the future of the Asia-Pacific routing was questioned.
But the then CEO said that the service via Los Angeles would be retained, even though it was thought to be unprofitable, because it linked New Zealand to Europe. (ANZ’s other nearest point to Europe is currently Singapore). Since then there have been changes of CEO at ANZ.

Old 23-10-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucker View Post
#GlobalBwitain
#theCommonwealth
#Outwardlooking
#Anglosphere

After almost 40 years of service Air New Zealand (ANZ) has announced its London route will end in October 2020.
The news will come as a surprise to regular users of this flagship ANZ service which is New Zealand’s only link to Europe.
Some years ago, at the time ANZ was also operating Auckland-London via Hong Kong, the future of the Asia-Pacific routing was questioned.
But the then CEO said that the service via Los Angeles would be retained, even though it was thought to be unprofitable, because it linked New Zealand to Europe. (ANZ’s other nearest point to Europe is currently Singapore). Since then there have been changes of CEO at ANZ.

But they'll need that route for the amazing new trade deals. I don't understand, those deals are definitely going to happen, right?