tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Zlatan Ibrahimović appreciation thread - Page 5 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 29-11-2009, 09:20 PM

Talking

Went missing last Tuesday, shortlisted for world footballer of the year yesterday, bottled it again tonight.

He's shite.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Senior PROC Member

His goal at the weekend was a cracker, but he was actually trying to control it a la Bergkamp versus Leicester/the Argies and he completely duffed it. Couldn't trap a bag of cement that fella.
Old 31-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho chi feen View Post
Hold up, he's not my favouritestestest player in the world ever, or anything like that. But he's been widely derided as being shite personified by all the experts from the British isles. Any of those of us who've tried to buck the trend on here by saying 'No, he's actually a rather good player, perhaps you shouldn't be basing your opinion on the three games every two years you've seen him play' have been laughed out of here. Now that people are getting to see him play in a team those of us from Arland and Blighty can view, I wonder how or even if people can justify their previous badly-informed opinions.

It's going to be an interesting season seeing them squirm
never gonna happen Hooch.
Old 31-03-2010, 08:07 PM

Always said I liked that guy. Best player in the world IMO.
Old 31-03-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
Always said I liked that guy. Best player in the world IMO.
You on drugs Eoin
Old 01-04-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up For The Ba View Post
Twas a night for Eto'o in fairness.
Speaking of Eto'o, he scored his first league goal in almost four months the other day... he's not even in the top ten scorers is Serie A. This in an Inter side that have finally got a functioning attack and good but essentially limited player in Diego Milito (who might or might not make Argentina's world cup squad) banging them in for fun.

Not knocking him, super player that he is, or trying to do a like-by-like comparison, but I couldn't let that comment slide.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:36 AM

Well another one in the ear for the so-called football experts in the British isles. I'd love to have seen the faces of Messrs Dunphy, Redknapp, Gray and co after the game.

Would also like to point out the staggering idiocy of Scott Murray (who I normally rate) on the Guardian's MBM report. He started off by referring to Zlatan in his commentary simply as 'Galoot'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray
And we're off again... and... ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC: FOOTBALL GENIUS!!! Arsenal 0-1 Barcelona. Forget anything I ever said, like you were ever going to remember it anyway. Chasing a long ball down the inside-right channel, Ibrahimovic outpaces Song and from the right-hand corner of the area, lifts the most delicious sidefooted effort over the advancing Almunia and into the empty net. That was outstanding. OK, why doesn't he do this all the time?
Eh, he generally has been for the last fuck knows how long Scott, if you'd actually watched any of the teams he's played for.

Second point not really a Zlatan point at all... maybe one for the Arsenal thread, but while we're here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Murray
59 min: GOAL!!! Arsenal 0-2 Ibrahimovic. Zlatan, the slayer of the English, zips clear of Vermaelen down the inside-right channel and into the area - and wastes no time in hammering the ball into the top-right corner. We always knew this was going to happen - but by two simple balls hoofed practically up the centre?
Why so? That's been Arsenal's key weakness all season all too often. As much was pointed out by several analysts over the last few days. Equally, as pointed out by Sid Lowe, situations like this are exactly what Zlatan was bought for- a plan b, a technically gifted player who can not only link the play but someone who can use his height in brawn in a tight game (Stuttgart away, for one example) or just to give a different means of attacking in other matches, as last night.

Therefore, and with the example shown by Chelsea and several other teams this season, it's hardly surprising to see even a team as devoted to intricate passing and moving targetting the key weakness in this Arsenal defence now that they have a player who can do a Drogba wrecking-ball when required.

Shoody analysis all round. I expect better from the Guardian.

Oh, and, er, that Zlatan lad.... nothing player!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:37 AM

Swedish Newspaper Dagens Nyheter
"Zlatan 2-2 Arsenal"
Old 01-04-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquark View Post
Swedish Newspaper Dagens Nyheter
"Zlatan 2-2 Arsenal"
*pukes*

El Mundo Deportivo's summary (they print one over every player) was 'Magestic'. Gave him 9/10 and MOTM.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho chi feen View Post
*pukes*

El Mundo Deportivo's summary (they print one over every player) was 'Magestic'. Gave him 9/10 and MOTM.
I mean he has just passed out John O Shea in the goal scoring stakes in the knockout stages of the Champions League...