tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Zlatan Ibrahimović appreciation thread - Page 4 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 04-11-2009, 10:31 PM

I would disagree about an earlier post on the fact that Sweden are in a woeful state.On the surface it may seem like that but there is a a new generation of players coming through ,many whom are 1st generation immigrants.Integrati ng this technical ability with Swedish organisation may prove yet to be the making of a very good International side.
Swedish league football is in a crisis.
An intersting thing to look into is a club called BrommaPojkarna,they have 250 teams,yes 250 teams!!!.The senior team plays in the top league in Sweden.The youth teams do really well ,easily winning their local leagues and national cups.They often win major european tournaments but something happens when these kids hit their later teens.They often get picked up by English and European clubs but they struggle to fit in.Personally I think it is that because they are part of a rigid system since they are 9 that when they are thrown into another system that requires some imagination and decison making they struggle.
The new breed of young Swedish player comes from the immigrant suburbs playing with local teams until well into their teens or like the Elm bothers from tiny villages where the kids are allowed to develop at their own pace .
Sweden ,football wise is in a stae of metamorphosis but if you look at their new UEFA coaching courses they have finally copped on to what it takes to develop footballers of the future.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung View Post
He IS shite.......when you actually need him to score that is! Where was he for Barcelona in their champions league game against mediocre opposition tonight?? Exactly...he went hiding, didnt score and now Barca could be in a spot of bother in that group
Maybe we weren't watching the same game, but pretty much every outfield player for Barcelona bar Iniesta and possibly Pique were shite. Trying to walk it through a packed and well organised defence, the fact that they had 70% possession and 15 shots on target compared to their opponents 5 (along with 68% and 24 shots to 2 in the game two weeks ago) can't mask the fact that Kazan performed brilliantly again and were well worth four points over the two ties.

It's very hard to single out one player who underperformed tonight, so bad were most of them. Take your pick from Messi, Xavi, Keita, Ibrahimovic, Alves... brutal fare all round.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:42 PM

Twas a night for Eto'o in fairness.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquark View Post
I would disagree about an earlier post on the fact that Sweden are in a woeful state.On the surface it may seem like that but there is a a new generation of players coming through ,many whom are 1st generation immigrants.Integrati ng this technical ability with Swedish organisation may prove yet to be the making of a very good International side.
Swedish league football is in a crisis.
An intersting thing to look into is a club called BrommaPojkarna,they have 250 teams,yes 250 teams!!!.The senior team plays in the top league in Sweden.The youth teams do really well ,easily winning their local leagues and national cups.They often win major european tournaments but something happens when these kids hit their later teens.They often get picked up by English and European clubs but they struggle to fit in.Personally I think it is that because they are part of a rigid system since they are 9 that when they are thrown into another system that requires some imagination and decison making they struggle.
The new breed of young Swedish player comes from the immigrant suburbs playing with local teams until well into their teens or like the Elm bothers from tiny villages where the kids are allowed to develop at their own pace .
Sweden ,football wise is in a stae of metamorphosis but if you look at their new UEFA coaching courses they have finally copped on to what it takes to develop footballers of the future.
Top post, cheers for that. Future looking up then. What Sweden have achieved over the past 25 years has been phenomenal for a nation of their size and what could be termed 'natural' standing in the football order. They've hit a bit of a dead-end in terms of quality of late (contrast this with the post 1994 hangover where the talent was there but something else was missing)... but that's the cyclical nature of things, they've been bucking that trend and might will continue to do so, hopefully!
Old 04-11-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up For The Ba View Post
Twas a night for Eto'o in fairness.
Robinho can't come soon enough, I think Henry's injuries are taking their toll.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho chi feen View Post
Maybe we weren't watching the same game, but pretty much every outfield player for Barcelona bar Iniesta and possibly Pique were shite. Trying to walk it through a packed and well organised defence, the fact that they had 70% possession and 15 shots on target compared to their opponents 5 (along with 68% and 24 shots to 2 in the game two weeks ago) can't mask the fact that Kazan performed brilliantly again and were well worth four points over the two ties.

It's very hard to single out one player who underperformed tonight, so bad were most of them. Take your pick from Messi, Xavi, Keita, Ibrahimovic, Alves... brutal fare all round.
So you admit that Ibrahimovic is "shite" and "brutal"?? Fair play for admitting you were wrong....we wont think any less of you for starting this ridiculous thread
Old 05-11-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvis View Post
..I dunno, Nicklas Bendtner is going to the World Cup with Denmark, whilst Zlatan Ibrahimovic will enjoy a traditional mid-summer at home, and doesn't even make the play-offs.

Surely Sepp Blatter could have done something to get him to the finals??

The jury is still out.

There's not much between the squads, ..If he was that good he'd have made a difference.

If rooney, gerrard, lampard, ferdinand and terry were that good then england would've qualified for the last european championships

48-0
Old 05-11-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapsy Pa View Post
[/B]

If rooney, gerrard, lampard, ferdinand and terry were that good then england would've qualified for the last european championships

Correct. They're not.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:11 PM

He thinking of doing an Alan Shearer on it..

Ibrahimovic has doubts over international future
By Soccernet staff
November 10, 2009

New Sweden boss Erik Hamren has revealed that Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic is considering his international future.

Ibrahimovic pulled out of the Sweden squad for the friendly match with Italy on November 18 and it had been thought it was due to a strained thigh muscle, but Hamren says the 28-year-old withdrew because he is unsure about his international future.

"I've spoken with Zlatan and, until he has made a decision, I won't call him to the squad," Hamren said. "I tend to think of the old saying - you can lead a horse to the water, but you cannot make it drink.
"This is something that he has been thinking about for some time. As a manager, it is important that players have the motivation to play. For me, the most important thing is that you have your heart in what you do."

Ibrahimovic's agent, Mino Raiola, was unhappy that Hamren revealed the news to the press and said he felt he ran the risk of exacerbating the situation.
"Zlatan is injured, he's worn out and he is very upset that Sweden didn't qualify for the World Cup," Raiola told Aftonbladet. "It would have been very easy just to say that he will sit out the match against Italy and then later Hamren could have sat down to discuss the matter with Zlatan."

Asked if Ibrahimovic would play for Sweden again, Raiola said: "I don't know. I respect Zlatan's decision but personally I want him to play for Sweden. Perhaps I am bit of a romantic but I think it's important for a great player to play for his country."

Hamren has revealed he expects to hold talks with Ibrahimovic before he reaches his final decision. Sweden finished below Denmark and Portugal in their World Cup qualification group.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvis View Post
He thinking of doing an Alan Shearer on it..

Ibrahimovic has doubts over international future
By Soccernet staff
November 10, 2009

New Sweden boss Erik Hamren has revealed that Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic is considering his international future.

Ibrahimovic pulled out of the Sweden squad for the friendly match with Italy on November 18 and it had been thought it was due to a strained thigh muscle, but Hamren says the 28-year-old withdrew because he is unsure about his international future.

"I've spoken with Zlatan and, until he has made a decision, I won't call him to the squad," Hamren said. "I tend to think of the old saying - you can lead a horse to the water, but you cannot make it drink.
"This is something that he has been thinking about for some time. As a manager, it is important that players have the motivation to play. For me, the most important thing is that you have your heart in what you do."

Ibrahimovic's agent, Mino Raiola, was unhappy that Hamren revealed the news to the press and said he felt he ran the risk of exacerbating the situation.
"Zlatan is injured, he's worn out and he is very upset that Sweden didn't qualify for the World Cup," Raiola told Aftonbladet. "It would have been very easy just to say that he will sit out the match against Italy and then later Hamren could have sat down to discuss the matter with Zlatan."

Asked if Ibrahimovic would play for Sweden again, Raiola said: "I don't know. I respect Zlatan's decision but personally I want him to play for Sweden. Perhaps I am bit of a romantic but I think it's important for a great player to play for his country."

Hamren has revealed he expects to hold talks with Ibrahimovic before he reaches his final decision. Sweden finished below Denmark and Portugal in their World Cup qualification group.
Ah he just want sto be asked back 100 times before he returns.
On a funny note Marcus Allbäck is assistant manager.