tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Celtic Thread - Page 8 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 31-03-2007, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Comic View Post

Finished 1-1. Even during the 90's I never remember it being so dire. Time for Strachan to go.
Old 31-03-2007, 01:36 PM

Great result for me.
Backed the draw at 3.0 on betfair at half-time
The result doesn't matter, the league is wrapped up.
Old 31-03-2007, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsYeah View Post
Great result for me.
Backed the draw at 3.0 on betfair at half-time
The result doesn't matter, the league is wrapped up.
The gap could be 11 points by the end of today with a trip to Ibrox left.

I don't think so
Old 31-03-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTheHoops View Post
The gap could be 11 points by the end of today with a trip to Ibrox left.

I don't think so
Huns drew, 13 point gap.
As I said, Done and Dusted.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Finished 1-1. Even during the 90's I never remember it being so dire. Time for Strachan to go.
watched the match on setanta.. celtic were played off the park and deserved nothing from the game.. dundee had some of the worst professionals ive ever seen but very spirited.. the left winger(no 20) isnt even related to a footballer and had an unbeleivable amount of possesion

while im at it MON.. is beattie as bad as he looks to me? i dont think ive ever seen such bad first touch and all round inability but i have only seen him play 2/3 times. that run he made in the 2nd half when he got blown off side was comical.. ran to the left of the ball, then to the right and then it just bounced off his shin when he tried to control it.. the linesman did him a favour there
Old 19-04-2007, 04:00 PM

Location: Straight down, second left, third house on your right.
Default 'No problem with fans', says Strachan

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan insists his side have brought criticism upon themselves by racing too far ahead too early in the SPL race.

The Hoops know they will retain their title if they beat Kilmarnock at Rugby Park on Sunday, or sooner, if Rangers lose to Hearts 24 hours earlier.

The Parkhead side blew their challengers away before the turn of the year, with many pundits and fans believing the championship was effectively in the bag by January.

Celtic have won only one of their last four SPL games but despite still being 13 points ahead of second-placed Rangers, Strachan has come in for criticism in recent weeks.

A section of the Parkhead support have also turned on him, typified at last week's Tennent's Scottish Cup clash with St Johnstone at Hampden when his substitution of Derek Riordan for Kenny Miller was met by a crescendo of boos.

Strachan, with more than a hint of sarcasm, said: "We have put ourselves in this position. We put ourselves 19 points clear and now we are only 13 points clear.

"We are the ones who did that big nasty thing, put ourselves under this pressure which allows people to speak about us. But I would like to win it by 20 points every season, it's not a problem.

"Because we are Celtic, there will always be opinions about us. But the only opinions that really count are mine and the players."

Strachan denied being frustrated by the supporters' reaction last week and attempted to put the blame on the negativity surrounding the club on to the media.

He said: "There is not a problem (with the fans). They are the people who have supported us through thick and thin.

"I understand that people pay their money and I respect their support. You have to take it in context, it was one decision. It depends who is giving out the criticism. If it's someone I respect then I take that as an opinion and that's fine.

"If it's not someone I respect then it doesn't count in my world. Sometimes in life people's only taste of success is taking a bite out of you."

"I've got to the point that I don't pick up the papers. I never look at sports programmes and I never, never, never listen to (radio) phone-ins.

"If I ever listen to a phone-in, I will pack in football - there you go.

"I'm very proud of my players this season, in terms of how they have handled themselves, picking up points, getting to the last-16 of the Champions League and getting to the (Scottish Cup) final," Strachan added.

"We are delighted in what we have achieved as a group this season but we strive to do better. But, because we are Celtic, people will talk about our form."

Midfielder Shunsuke Nakamura, who injured his knee against St Johnstone last week, will be fit for Sunday.

Defender Lee Naylor, who picked up a nasty ankle injury against the Saints, is a doubt.

Midfielder Jiri Jarosik returns after an ankle injury while stopper Stephen McManus is suspended.
Old 19-04-2007, 05:27 PM

Just cannot wait for the season to end to be honest. It's been dire since the Benfica game at home.

Strachan, despite buying practically nothing but attacking midfielders, has somehow managed to make the team score less goals - 30 less at the same stage last season.

Gravesen is for the off. It pains me to say but Hartley was bought in January as his replacement. Lennon has been brutal all season yet for some reason has become undroppable. Riordan, whenever played, has done the business but he isn't getting played. It pains me to think we'll lose Gravesen to someone for Hartley to be his replacement. Scott McDonald is signed from Motherwell - a good SPL player but nothing more (as are most of Strachan's signings).

Really hope Strachan pisses off in the summer before Gravesen does.
Old 19-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Just cannot wait for the season to end to be honest. It's been dire since the Benfica game at home.

Strachan, despite buying practically nothing but attacking midfielders, has somehow managed to make the team score less goals - 30 less at the same stage last season.

Gravesen is for the off. It pains me to say but Hartley was bought in January as his replacement. Lennon has been brutal all season yet for some reason has become undroppable. Riordan, whenever played, has done the business but he isn't getting played. It pains me to think we'll lose Gravesen to someone for Hartley to be his replacement. Scott McDonald is signed from Motherwell - a good SPL player but nothing more (as are most of Strachan's signings).

Really hope Strachan pisses off in the summer before Gravesen does.
What's your opinion on Grav Mon? I really thought he'd run riot up in the SPL. Why do ya think he hasn't been so good?
Old 19-04-2007, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsberg View Post
What's your opinion on Grav Mon? I really thought he'd run riot up in the SPL. Why do ya think he hasn't been so good?
He hasn't been played. He was used a few times and by all accounts he "doesn't listen to direction on the field"

All I hope is that the rest of them start ignoring too because the football is gash.

He would run riot, and would become a legend up there, if given half the chance.
Old 20-04-2007, 08:11 AM

what about this from a few posts up?

is beattie as bad as he looks to me? i dont think ive ever seen such bad first touch and all round inability but i have only seen him play 2/3 times. that run he made in the 2nd half when he got blown off side was comical.. ran to the left of the ball, then to the right and then it just bounced off his shin when he tried to control it.. the linesman did him a favour there