tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Rugby World Cup thread - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 15-06-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raZor View Post
I wonder what the odds on Argentina to get out of the group are, either France or Ireland will fall I reckon.
That's a pretty bold statement, in fairness. I certainly wouldn't put argentina as hot favourites against Ireland and France are very strong favourites to beat both other big teams in their groups.
Old 15-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raZor View Post
I wonder what the odds on Argentina to get out of the group are, either France or Ireland will fall I reckon.

4/1 on SA is good now especially if they have a good Tri-Nations and get at least one victory over New Zealand.
argentina, 7/1 to top the group, 11/4 to come second
Old 15-06-2007, 06:32 PM

I don't know playing france first might be a bonus and the coach is leaving afterwards also, not hot favourites but not huge underdogs either. Would be worth a flutter if the odds were good was my point anyway.
Old 15-06-2007, 06:34 PM

topping the group is out so I'd ignore that one.
Old 15-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Senior PROC Member

[QUOTE=Proinsias;1589 930]That's a pretty bold statement, in fairness. I certainly wouldn't put argentina as hot favourites against Ireland and France are very strong favourites to beat both other big teams in their groups.[/QUOTE]

How'd'ya make that out? Very strong favourites? If we have a full team, I'd say it'll be a right close call.

No comment.
Old 15-06-2007, 10:09 PM

remember france have only beaten argintina once in 7 meetings
Old 15-06-2007, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proinsias View Post
That's a pretty bold statement, in fairness. I certainly wouldn't put argentina as hot favourites against Ireland and France are very strong favourites to beat both other big teams in their groups.
How'd'ya make that out? Very strong favourites? If we have a full team, I'd say it'll be a right close call.
We've beaten them once in approximately 25 years in France.
Old 16-06-2007, 12:31 AM
Senior PROC Member

Tickets arrived during the week... Big feck-off DHL package... Scotland home to All-Blacks... Roll on the REAL World Cup...
Old 16-06-2007, 07:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proinsias View Post
We've beaten them once in approximately 25 years in France.
doesn't matter a fuck, the teams were very different 25 years ago, the teams were very different last year in the attitude and the way they played, yes we lost to them this year but that was through 2 mistakes of our, not french invention, against france at full strength against us minus 2 key players.

if both teams were at 100% and both playing at their very best, ireland would win and i will be putting money on it too
Old 16-06-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam2me View Post
doesn't matter a fuck, the teams were very different 25 years ago, the teams were very different last year in the attitude and the way they played, yes we lost to them this year but that was through 2 mistakes of our, not french invention, against france at full strength against us minus 2 key players.

if both teams were at 100% and both playing at their very best, ireland would win and i will be putting money on it too
We've beaten them twice since 2000, that's over 9 games. I didn't want to look further back as it would scare/depress me a bit.

We haven't beaten France since 2003 at home or away.

We've played them with our full team a few times in those years and came out second best. We were only missing two players this year and still got beaten at home.