tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Cork senior football championship 2019 - Page 31 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 13-10-2019, 07:49 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude View Post
Shabby you were lucky to miss the 1st game. The man in black was so bad it was incredible. Obviously out of his depth and he ruined the game for players and spectators.
Donncha started and scored a nice point. He retired when the game was safe and that was roughly 10 minutes in despite the scores. Newcestown, apart from No 15 Twomey don't threaten up front.

I thought Conor Horgan No 15 for Nemo was MOTM. He burned every Douglas back that went on him and laid on Kerrigan's tap in goals plus numerous defence splitting passes and pace to die for. I'd hand him the RED 15 tomorrow. Douglas are very novicy and don't seem to learn from history.

The most memorable moment for me was the sight of our senior manager McCarthy, a Douglas man, leaving the south stand with 10 minutes left and walking to the eastern end exit in full view of the sitting patrons. One of the most damming and tactless moves we have seen. Yawn.
Would it possible he had another engagement and the game was over like? It's amazing the smallest things that Cork supporters complain about. Absolutely embarrassing
Old 13-10-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Shabby you were lucky to miss the 1st game. The man in black was so bad it was incredible. Obviously out of his depth and he ruined the game for players and spectators.
Donncha started and scored a nice point. He retired when the game was safe and that was roughly 10 minutes in despite the scores. Newcestown, apart from No 15 Twomey don't threaten up front.

I thought Conor Horgan No 15 for Nemo was MOTM. He burned every Douglas back that went on him and laid on Kerrigan's tap in goals plus numerous defence splitting passes and pace to die for. I'd hand him the RED 15 tomorrow. Douglas are very novicy and don't seem to learn from history.

The most memorable moment for me was the sight of our senior manager McCarthy, a Douglas man, leaving the south stand with 10 minutes left and walking to the eastern end exit in full view of the sitting patrons. One of the most damming and tactless moves we have seen. Yawn.
From what I saw he just kept blowing his whistle and stopped any flow to the game. It was atrocious but I didn’t witness all of it thankfully. For those saying Walsh is finished as an IC footballer, he has stood head and shoulders above everyone for club and division according to all reports recently. Anyone with his physical attributes can be of use to our footballers. He’s still only 29. I am very aware of his shortcomings however but he can be of use for sure.

Conor Horgan is a good outlet for Nemo. Wins his own ball but his problem is that his finishing is beyond erratic. He is fairly aware of this though so doesn’t shoot that often. You need to be able to finish as an IC inside forward and I don’t see him as one at all to be honest but a super outlet for Nemo.

If McCarthy left with 10 mins to go then I’m sure it’s because he felt he had enough seen which you can’t really blame him for. He wasn’t going to learn anything new at the end!
Old 13-10-2019, 08:18 PM
PROC Member

Quote:

I'd give a shout out to the Douglas goalkeeper too, he made 3 very good saves early on and closed down another so that it hit the post. Blameless for the Kerrigan goals also that were a clean through 2 on 1. Having said that, Nemo spoiled a huge amount of their kick outs too.

Douglas actually led by 3 points to 2 at one stage but nemo hit a quick 1-2 around 20 minutes in, after that point nothing else to say really beyond the final score.

Nemo wanted to bring Kevin Fulignati on around 58 minutes but never got the chance as they held the ball for the next 5 minutes until the end without turning it over or even trying to work it into scoring position.

Duhallow in 2 weeks, probably the right matchup based off performances through the year. Nemos path to the munster Final is home ties against the Limerick and Kerry winners.
Old 13-10-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard View Post
Would it possible he had another engagement and the game was over like? It's amazing the smallest things that Cork supporters complain about. Absolutely embarrassing
Of course it's possible Bard but he could have dropped down to the lower channel by the fence and nobody would have noticed his exit.
It didn't look good for the manager of the county team and a Douglas man to boot. You know what I mean and that's my opinion and many others near me in the back of that stand. That kind of exposure didn't do his profile much good IMHO. It's not like he's in the same category of manager as Jim Gavin.
Old 13-10-2019, 09:15 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Of course it's possible Bard but he could have dropped down to the lower channel by the fence and nobody would have noticed his exit.
It didn't look good for the manager of the county team and a Douglas man to boot. You know what I mean and that's my opinion and many others near me in the back of that stand. That kind of exposure didn't do his profile much good IMHO. It's not like he's in the same category of manager as Jim Gavin.
No worries 'dude, I just thought it was a silly complaint. We all have our opinions
Old 13-10-2019, 09:20 PM
Senior PROC Member

Here I have just noticed reading back over this thread that no one rants, raves and complains about Duhallow playing in the Championship as they do on the hurling thread about Imokilly, why is that?
Old 13-10-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard View Post
Here I have just noticed reading back over this thread that no one rants, raves and complains about Duhallow playing in the Championship as they do on the hurling thread about Imokilly, why is that?
Because they didn’t win it yet?

Duhallow are good for this championship and we’d want a few more divisions like Muskerry, Carbery and Avondhu competing like them to make this championship better. There’s a big gap between the top 4/5 and the rest. It need a few divisions to spice it up and bring about better games.

The problem with Imokily is that they’re in their own class. They’re untouchable and winning with ease. That will change next year with a few clubs going senior who contribute heavily to them.
Old 13-10-2019, 09:33 PM

Eoin O’Sullivan the guy with the underdogs. Why wasn’t he on the Douglas panel today does anyone know? Injured?
Old 13-10-2019, 09:54 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby View Post
Because they didn’t win it yet?

Duhallow are good for this championship and we’d want a few more divisions like Muskerry, Carbery and Avondhu competing like them to make this championship better. There’s a big gap between the top 4/5 and the rest. It need a few divisions to spice it up and bring about better games.

The problem with Imokily is that they’re in their own class. They’re untouchable and winning with ease. That will change next year with a few clubs going senior who contribute heavily to them.
Where were they previous to 2016 though? By the way, divisional teams have about 20 football titles between them.
Old 13-10-2019, 10:06 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinslad View Post
Eoin O’Sullivan the guy with the underdogs. Why wasn’t he on the Douglas panel today does anyone know? Injured?
Injured, I'm pretty sure. Was injured for the Ballincollig game two weeks ago so probably didn't recover. Douglas were never winning today, but his 6 foot-7 frame would have brought a bit more physicality, if nothing else.

I thought Niall Hartnett was probably the only positive on the pitch from a Douglas perspective. In a midfield that was well beaten, I thought he won his fair share of broken ball and kick-outs.