tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
abu dhabi - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Travel Forum
User Name
Password

Old 24-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Banned

Default abu dhabi

anyone been, im planning on stopping over there for a few days on way to asia?

anything to do there or any places to stay?

are stone-ings all ticket affairs (no pun intended) or can you go go along on the day and get a ticket from the touts?
Old 26-02-2009, 04:42 PM

Hey Lawrence

dont know if u have left already...Havent been there in a while but tis a nice place to chillax for a few days wouldnt be going mad out there it is a bit stricter than Dubai (if you had a choice Dubai is a great stop over)

the do Wadi Bashing in the dry river beds there (Adu Dhabi) which is a great day out if you ask in the hotels they normal have tour places that you can go through, or they have the Safari where u go out duning for a bit and then into the desert for dinner normally fairly well priced...Other than that i would say just spend a few days relaxign by the pool
Old 27-02-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceSummers View Post
anyone been, im planning on stopping over there for a few days on way to asia?

anything to do there or any places to stay?

are stone-ings all ticket affairs (no pun intended) or can you go go along on the day and get a ticket from the touts?
It's a great place. I've spent quite a lot of time there and plan on going back the end of this year on my way to Goa. I might be there next month as well, but not sure yet. Anyway, it all depends on what you want to do really. If you want a good night life out then try Le Meridian hotels(there are two both are good). The Royal Meridian hotel on Khalifa street has a few clubs in it at night. Don't go to Illusions though because this is just a prostitute club unless you want to be out €200 just for a ride. The entire club is pimp ran and every single woman in there is a prostitute.

If you're interested in shopping then try the Abu Dhabi Mall or the Marina Mall. There's also the Gold Souk if you're looking for cheap Gold (but genuine) Jewellery. Also, Le Royal Meridian is close to the Hamdan center. That place is great for good quality and cheap clothes. I bought 3 pairs of converse there for the price of one pair here in Ireland. You can get good clothes in there for around 1/10th of the price you get them here. So when you're outside Le Royal Meridian you go right down the street to the signals, take a left, followed by a right and down a block you see a Starbucks and there is the Hamdan Center right across from it. It's on Hamdan Street anyway so you can just get a cab there if all else fails. It's one of the four main streets in Abu Dhabi. You can also try Hemingways, Etoille (originally called the Embassy at the Emirates Palace), which also happens to be close to the Marina Mall.

Errmm, I could be hear all day telling you things about Abu Dhabi, so if there's anything in particular you're looking for give me a private message, as I probably won't check back on this thread again. Good luck and enjoy it!

Last edited by The Black Knight; 27-02-2009 at 01:47 PM..