tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Cork Footballers - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Youghal Exile Youghal Exile is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Land Of 124 All Irelands
Posts: 26,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne gayle View Post
We've got no chance. No team ever won an AI without a reliable free-taker or at least two forwards who are capable of kicking the ball over the bar from forty yards out or more.
We have neither.
James Masters can take the frees.Donnacha O'Connor and Daniel Goulding are fine forwards.We also have a fine supply of u21's.Cork football is at it's strongest period in 20 years cop on to yourself.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundyfield View Post
Sean Og pure Norrie, pure Cork, and pure class. Red&Blue has made an absolute flute of himself again.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-05-2009, 12:57 PM
wayne gayle wayne gayle is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youghal Exile View Post
James Masters can take the frees.Donnacha O'Connor and Daniel Goulding are fine forwards.We also have a fine supply of u21's.Cork football is at it's strongest period in 20 years cop on to yourself.
Masters cannot score a '45. Against Kerry (in one of our semi-final maulings, I can't remember which one there's been so many) he failed to score from three of them.
Donnacha is not a reliable free-taker either.
Goulding might be a better option I grant you,if he's given the chance.
__________________
"Hell is other people"

Last edited by wayne gayle; 08-05-2009 at 01:20 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-05-2009, 01:34 PM
zimmerman zimmerman is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,615
Default

I saw an article in the examiner by dara o'cinneade praising the free taking skills of colm o'neill and David Goold.either are better than any freetakers on the senior panel.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Rebelred Rebelred is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Corcaigh
Posts: 39,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmerman View Post
I saw an article in the examiner by dara o'cinneade praising the free taking skills of colm o'neill and David Goold.either are better than any freetakers on the senior panel.
two years ago people were praising the free taking of Goulding in the under 21 final aswell.
__________________
Rogby Football explained
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-05-2009, 01:48 PM
zimmerman zimmerman is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelred View Post
two years ago people were praising the free taking of Goulding in the under 21 final aswell.
whats your point?Gouldings an excellent freetaker.
__________________
Some Might Say We Will Find a Brighter Day
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Rebelred Rebelred is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Corcaigh
Posts: 39,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmerman View Post
whats your point?Gouldings an excellent freetaker.
That's what I'm saying. A few posts back, people were saying we didn't have a top class free taker. We do. Donnacha is hit and miss though.
__________________
Rogby Football explained
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-05-2009, 01:58 PM
zimmerman zimmerman is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelred View Post
That's what I'm saying. A few posts back, people were saying we didn't have a top class free taker. We do. Donnacha is hit and miss though.
Agreed.I'm just saying we need to add to Goulding with these u21s, as theyre way better freetakers than masters/o'connor (who are very poor freetakers by inter county standards).
__________________
Some Might Say We Will Find a Brighter Day
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Youghal Exile Youghal Exile is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Land Of 124 All Irelands
Posts: 26,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmerman View Post
Agreed.I'm just saying we need to add to Goulding with these u21s, as theyre way better freetakers than masters/o'connor (who are very poor freetakers by inter county standards).
James Masters would be a bit better at taking frees than Donnacha O'Connor.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundyfield View Post
Sean Og pure Norrie, pure Cork, and pure class. Red&Blue has made an absolute flute of himself again.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Barry K O Bama Barry K O Bama is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,703
Default

The animals will be very strong this year but we made 3 great come-backs last year and they know that we have the beating of them now.

I didn't think much of Alan O Connor last year but he has come on a lot - he showed great mobility in the league final vs Monaghan.

Colm O Neill has to press for a place on the starting 15 - he is a class act. Ciaran Sheehan would be very close too but he's off to Oz (injury permitting)

Starting forward 6 could be:- P O Neill, Donnacha O Connor, Daniel Goulding, Colm O Neill, M Cussen, James Masters ----- That would be a pretty strong line up - by far the best since we last won an AI.

I'd be very confident that we will do it this year or next - Another golden era for Cork Football is on the way.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Youghal Exile Youghal Exile is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Land Of 124 All Irelands
Posts: 26,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry K O Bama View Post
The animals will be very strong this year but we made 3 great come-backs last year and they know that we have the beating of them now.

I didn't think much of Alan O Connor last year but he has come on a lot - he showed great mobility in the league final vs Monaghan.

Colm O Neill has to press for a place on the starting 15 - he is a class act. Ciaran Sheehan would be very close too but he's off to Oz (injury permitting)

Starting forward 6 could be:- P O Neill, Donnacha O Connor, Daniel Goulding, Colm O Neill, M Cussen, James Masters ----- That would be a pretty strong line up - by far the best since we last won an AI.

I'd be very confident that we will do it this year or next - Another golden era for Cork Football is on the way.
I would have Pierce in midfield to drive dirty dara mental.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundyfield View Post
Sean Og pure Norrie, pure Cork, and pure class. Red&Blue has made an absolute flute of himself again.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




Mystery & Imagination Harry Clarke Watercolours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼






tester
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.