Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #931  
Old 12-01-2019, 06:35 PM
thegillabbeygowl thegillabbeygowl is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: A tease of the weasel in Cork
Posts: 36,493
Default

If you abuse something it will be detrimental towards your health eventually.
Booze, food, medicine, tobacco, drugs, etc.

It’s about balance.
Reply With Quote
  #932  
Old 12-01-2019, 06:58 PM
Choon Choon is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 6,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegillabbeygowl View Post
If you abuse something it will be detrimental towards your health eventually.
Booze, food, medicine, tobacco, drugs, etc.

It’s about balance.



Woooooowwww


Thank God I logged again tonight

I would have missed this wise and profound post.

Amazing wisdom here










😂😂😂😂
Reply With Quote
  #933  
Old 12-01-2019, 08:34 PM
Choice is yours Choice is yours is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 9,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choon View Post
I would have missed this wise and profound post.

Amazing wisdom here
Something never seen in your posts, take note
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doolaly View Post
what about you creepy old leper in the attic feasting well on welfare Pot-Noodles
Reply With Quote
  #934  
Old 12-01-2019, 09:13 PM
Roxetten Roxetten is online now
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 15,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegillabbeygowl View Post
If you abuse something it will be detrimental towards your health eventually.
Booze, food, medicine, tobacco, drugs, etc.

It’s about balance.
With food, alcohol and medicine you have traceability and a list of ingredients, with drugs you don't know where it came from or what strength it is so you are always taking a chance unless you are growing your own.
__________________
Quote:
Respect the Irish vote.
Reply With Quote
  #935  
Old 12-01-2019, 09:29 PM
thegillabbeygowl thegillabbeygowl is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: A tease of the weasel in Cork
Posts: 36,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
With food, alcohol and medicine you have traceability and a list of ingredients, with drugs you don't know where it came from or what strength it is so you are always taking a chance unless you are growing your own.

Yes and they can still be abused.
I think you're pretty safe with Cannabis.
I don't think anyone has died from too much weed, they may have because of their actions.
Other drugs can be the problem, but it won't stop people trying them.
I've definitely noticed more people smoking cannabis outdoors the last few years.
__________________
We are the resistance.
Reply With Quote
  #936  
Old 12-01-2019, 09:41 PM
Roxetten Roxetten is online now
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 15,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegillabbeygowl View Post
Yes and they can still be abused.
I think you're pretty safe with Cannabis.
I don't think anyone has died from too much weed, they may have because of their actions.
Other drugs can be the problem, but it won't stop people trying them.
I've definitely noticed more people smoking cannabis outdoors the last few years.
I've noticed that too, lads on their work breaks having a sneaky toke in their cars I have also seen. It's the high strength stuff that's a worry, especially with younger people who are more vulnerable. There is a debate around linking cannabis use by teens with them developing psychosis with causation as yet unproven afaik.
__________________
Quote:
Respect the Irish vote.
Reply With Quote
  #937  
Old 12-01-2019, 09:49 PM
thegillabbeygowl thegillabbeygowl is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: A tease of the weasel in Cork
Posts: 36,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
I've noticed that too, lads on their work breaks having a sneaky toke in their cars I have also seen. It's the high strength stuff that's a worry, especially with younger people who are more vulnerable. There is a debate around linking cannabis use by teens with them developing psychosis with causation as yet unproven afaik.
How you could properly function at work after smoking is beyond me.
Will stick to a cup of coffee.
There needs to be better education and more help for younger people perhaps.

I'll say one thing, if you're in your 30's and smoking or drinking every day, then you need help.
__________________
We are the resistance.
Reply With Quote
  #938  
Old 12-01-2019, 09:52 PM
King Silkbeard King Silkbeard is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 3,258
Default

The same people who smoke are the same people who give out about the HSE.
__________________
Not scared of History, Are you?
Reply With Quote
  #939  
Old 13-01-2019, 12:27 AM
High Post High Post is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 4,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
I've noticed that too, lads on their work breaks having a sneaky toke in their cars I have also seen. It's the high strength stuff that's a worry, especially with younger people who are more vulnerable. There is a debate around linking cannabis use by teens with them developing psychosis with causation as yet unproven afaik.
It's everywhere.


I can walk the dog and you get the smell of weed and the odd bit of hash from any number of people.

Ffs I was in the bus one morning heading to work and of course this one scoobe making a joint in a packed bus of people heading to their jobs,
Reply With Quote
  #940  
Old 13-01-2019, 12:30 AM
The High King The High King is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
I've noticed that too, lads on their work breaks having a sneaky toke in their cars I have also seen. It's the high strength stuff that's a worry, especially with younger people who are more vulnerable. There is a debate around linking cannabis use by teens with them developing psychosis with causation as yet unproven afaik.
Very bad for kids full stop. Taking canabis when you have a developing brain is very bad. Once your brain is mature it's relatively harmless. Problem is who here has waited until their 20's to try weed?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 09:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.