Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 02-01-2019, 12:34 PM
ballhopping ballhopping is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictac View Post
Ive heard it from a few secondary school teachers that the first years entering after coming from an ET school are worse than the state school kids and are way behind particularly in science/maths
Thank you cos we were looking as parents👍
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-01-2019, 12:35 PM
ballhopping ballhopping is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictac View Post
Ive heard it from a few secondary school teachers that the first years entering after coming from an ET school are worse than the state school kids and are way behind particularly in science/maths
Thank you as we were looking around as parents 👍
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-01-2019, 04:33 PM
Tictac Tictac is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 17,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballhopping View Post
Thank you cos we were looking as parents👍
I also feel(my own opinion here) that many of the ET school parents are leftist so you can just imagine the sort of agendas that they are pedalling

Controlling illegal migration is bad

Vaccines cause more harm than good

Racism is all around cork but not in our happy clappy cum-biy-ya school.

Fucktards
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-01-2019, 03:44 PM
Bill O'Reilly Bill O'Reilly is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 408
Default

How the Irish language is taught is a false argument regularly used by the Irish language mob(Irish teachers) as an attempt to explain/excuse why the language is not spoken in this country outside the Irish education system. This false argument is advanced by the very people teaching Irish (a non-functional dead language) and benefitting financially from the existing status quo.

The Irish language movement is an anti-choice, anti-working class, anti-equality and pro-discrimination agenda, which is detrimental to the Irish second-level education system and its outcomes.

Irish should be an optional subject for the Leaving Cert.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-01-2019, 03:48 PM
Bill O'Reilly Bill O'Reilly is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 408
Default

Tictac advancing your xenophobic and paranoid opinions is not a wise strategy. I doubt you have any statistical evidence to back up your claims.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 12-01-2019, 06:08 PM
Choice is yours Choice is yours is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 7,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill O'Reilly View Post
How the Irish language is taught is a false argument regularly used by the Irish language mob(Irish teachers) as an attempt to explain/excuse why the language is not spoken in this country outside the Irish education system. This false argument is advanced by the very people teaching Irish (a non-functional dead language) and benefitting financially from the existing status quo.

The Irish language movement is an anti-choice, anti-working class, anti-equality and pro-discrimination agenda, which is detrimental to the Irish second-level education system and its outcomes.

Irish should be an optional subject for the Leaving Cert.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doolaly View Post
what about you creepy old leper in the attic feasting well on welfare Pot-Noodles
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 14-01-2019, 07:34 AM
Tictac Tictac is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 17,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill O'Reilly View Post
Tictac advancing your xenophobic and paranoid opinions is not a wise strategy. I doubt you have any statistical evidence to back up your claims.
Lol. If i had stats here then i would reference a source or provide a link.

Im neither xenphobic or parinoid. I have stated about the poor performance of educate together schools from people who then have to deal with these kids when they are dumped into the secondary school system.
I also think that educate together schools are leftist. Thats just my own opinion.

The dying irish language isnt any threat to me. None of my kids are learning irish.

Irish should be left as completely optional at all levels. The funding that the state gives to this dying language is nothing short of scandulous.

I think that insecure parents sending their kids to Gealscoils so that they will only mix with WEI kids is just plain sad.

Hopefully this trend will die out also.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 16-01-2019, 07:26 PM
ballhopping ballhopping is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tictac View Post
lol. If i had stats here then i would reference a source or provide a link.

Im neither xenphobic or parinoid. I have stated about the poor performance of educate together schools from people who then have to deal with these kids when they are dumped into the secondary school system.
I also think that educate together schools are leftist. Thats just my own opinion.

The dying irish language isnt any threat to me. None of my kids are learning irish.

Irish should be left as completely optional at all levels. The funding that the state gives to this dying language is nothing short of scandulous.

I think that insecure parents sending their kids to gealscoils so that they will only mix with wei kids is just plain sad.

Hopefully this trend will die out also.
wei ?
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 17-01-2019, 06:33 AM
ColCork ColCork is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballhopping View Post
wei ?
White Ethnic Irish
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 17-01-2019, 04:51 PM
ballhopping ballhopping is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColCork View Post
White Ethnic Irish
Oh ok thanks 😀
As opposed to black ethic Irish .

Or is it a traveller ?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 01:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.