Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 16-01-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamish View Post
So besides the usual whataboutery the extent of your comment on Sinn Fein's hideously misjudged action in sending two representitives to the inaugeration of a despot who has rigged the election proper and visited starvation and misery upon the Venezuelan populous is 'it was a bad PR move'?

Yeah no shit Sherlock.

Venezuela has hyperinflation, there are no supplies in the shops, people are leaving in their millions, the press has been silenced and the opposition jailed. The election was fixed.

Ffs, just the kind of scum Mary Lou wants her comrades to be rubbing shoulders with.
Documentary about Chavez about to start on BBC2.

More shit for SF/IRA to deal with?
Old 17-01-2019, 10:38 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice is yours View Post
Are you hard of reading or just stupid? Any Irishman that kills another Irishman is wrong and the lowest of the low. That's 3 times now I have said and you still don't f8cken get it.

Betrayal is betrayal but you seem to think murder is the appropriate reaction to such an action (not at all surprising considering the organisation you support have such little value on human life), I don't
So in your opinion Collins, Dev, Lemass, McBride, Cosgrave, Gardaí at Granard, Armed Response unit in Lusk, Gardaí that shot a guy in Ashford Co Wicklow etc etc are all "the lowest of the low" in your opinion. Wow, what a black and white world you must live in.

I don't see the killing of armed opponents or spies in a war (irrespective of their nationality) as murder. Neither do I see gardai involved in a gunfight with armed robbers killing them as being murder, or the lowest of the low. You do.

Obviously, killing someone shouldn't be done lightly, it's the most serious thing you can do, but in certain circumstances I think it must be done. You don't think it should ever be done, well certainly not by Irish against Irish. I think you're in a minority with that view btw
Old 17-01-2019, 10:58 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
You just engage in whataboutery when you dont like a question m8.

Sending two representatives to the inauguration of a despot who is literally responsible for his people starving is reprehensible.

For you to dismiss it as a' bit of bad pr' speaks volumes about your moral compass.
Still waiting on a response to this.......
Old 17-01-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
So in your opinion Collins, Dev, Lemass, McBride, Cosgrave, Gardaí at Granard, Armed Response unit in Lusk, Gardaí that shot a guy in Ashford Co Wicklow etc etc are all "the lowest of the low" in your opinion. Wow, what a black and white world you must live in.

I don't see the killing of armed opponents or spies in a war (irrespective of their nationality) as murder. Neither do I see gardai involved in a gunfight with armed robbers killing them as being murder, or the lowest of the low. You do.

Obviously, killing someone shouldn't be done lightly, it's the most serious thing you can do, but in certain circumstances I think it must be done. You don't think it should ever be done, well certainly not by Irish against Irish. I think you're in a minority with that view btw

Old 17-01-2019, 12:17 PM
Senior PROC Member

What's wrong Stacky, was the rest of the sentence where I said

"it's the most serious thing you can do, but in certain circumstances I think it must be done"

too difficult for you to understand

Old 17-01-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:

"it's the most serious thing you can do, but in certain circumstances I think it must be done"

I have a totally different moral code to a Shinnerbot.

Which is why I would never vote for SF based on their past and current actions.
Old 17-01-2019, 12:22 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:

Ok, lets say today, now.

Under what circumstances is it necessary for you to kill someone?

A cyclist not using a cycle lane?
Old 17-01-2019, 12:29 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Ok, lets say today, now.

Under what circumstances is it necessary for you to kill someone?

A cyclist not using a cycle lane?
I'm not a fan of SF and wasn't a provo cheerleader, but the suggestion that there are no circumstances where is acceptable to kill someone doesn't work for me. I understand it is a radical pacifist position, and I respect that, but I cannot criticise someone who joined an anti-fascist partisan group during WW2 and shot SS members.

Would you condemn those who fought against Nazi occupation? Do you condemn the people who fought in the uprising in the Warsaw ghetto?