tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
PhD student looking for accomodation in Cork - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Users Ads & Discussion > Accommodation
User Name
Password

Old 07-08-2012, 05:12 PM

Default PhD student looking for accomodation in Cork

Apologies to admin - I should have compiled all this into one post - feel free to delete the other two.

I'm coming to Cork to study for my doctorate at UCC in either October or December with my 8 year old son. I'm looking for accomodation close to UCC and either St Catherines school or Glasheens. A one or two bed apartment or house.

I would also be interested in lodging with a family, or house sharing with other people with kids.

Thanks
Old 17-08-2012, 12:24 AM

Hi Carolan as a parent i would avoid being too "near" UCC as you will have a lot of younger students (parties etc) , wilton is also very nearby but if you plan on having a car other places open up to you - let me know as a parent and student i would be happy to help
Old 22-08-2012, 04:01 PM

Thanks Davey
Old 09-09-2012, 10:44 AM

It all comes down to your budget. Having your own house is going to be alot more that house sharing. What I did before was a deal with a B&B when in lived in Dublin. The accommodation sector is hurting and small B&B's can't get anyone to stay outside of the summer months.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:47 AM

How much is your budget. Staying in a house is more than sharing. I use to live in a B&B before when I worked in Dublin. The accomm sector is hurting and they can't get anyone outside of the winder month might be something worth enquiring about