tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Support the Cork team on Sunday - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 03-04-2019, 08:43 AM

Default Support the Cork team on Sunday

Like many of us, I support all Cork teams. There are of course far more important things than sport. One of those things is shared experiences as families.

I'm from a GAA football part of the county. For me, football was bonding with my father. Too young to fully appreciate '73, but the rest of the 70s and early 80s were a pattern shared experiences supporting a series of excellent brave Cork teams against one of the best Kerry teams of all time - a Munster Final bad beating by Kerry, followed by a week of utter despair, before the green shoots of hope rose again and another 51 weeks of discussing and plotting how to beat Kerry next year. '83 was so special. When Tadgh Murphy goaled, I looked to my left to see my father - a small man - so high in the air he'd have outfielded Jack O'Shea. A few years ago, a player that day gave me his medal - would not take no for an answer.

These days, on the way to Cork-Kerry matches in Killarney, I stop by to have chat with my father in Macroom graveyard.

There are ups and downs. These days the Cork footballers are having a tough time, but I have hopes for them. The hurlers are doing well. And the women have been doing fantastically. Soccer and rugby are on a high too.

But THIS Sunday, April 7th, a Cork acrobatics team - "Rebel Acro" - is in a national final - of Ireland's Got Talent. We often talk about the level of work and dedication of our amateur sportspeople - in this regard these amateur Cork sportspeople are incredible. It's taken them YEARS of hard work to get to this level. The level of training is unbelievable, and the bravery... - well, I wouldn't do it! Injuries, dissappointment, the works, they keep coming back. And all on the line on Sunday, doing some incredible things that takes some guts.

Perhaps you might like to be part of it with your family, and sit down to watch them on Virgin Media One (formerly TV3) on Sunday at 7:30pm. Should you wish to vote to support them, there will be a number to text. To count, the text HAS to contain the single word REBEL, and HAS to be all in capitals. The text costs 60c, so only your spare change. If you don't have it, watch anyway with your family - I guarantee you it will be a great.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleluas View Post
Like many of us, I support all Cork teams. There are of course far more important things than sport. One of those things is shared experiences as families.

I'm from a GAA football part of the county. For me, football was bonding with my father. Too young to fully appreciate '73, but the rest of the 70s and early 80s were a pattern shared experiences supporting a series of excellent brave Cork teams against one of the best Kerry teams of all time - a Munster Final bad beating by Kerry, followed by a week of utter despair, before the green shoots of hope rose again and another 51 weeks of discussing and plotting how to beat Kerry next year. '83 was so special. When Tadgh Murphy goaled, I looked to my left to see my father - a small man - so high in the air he'd have outfielded Jack O'Shea. A few years ago, a player that day gave me his medal - would not take no for an answer.

These days, on the way to Cork-Kerry matches in Killarney, I stop by to have chat with my father in Macroom graveyard.

There are ups and downs. These days the Cork footballers are having a tough time, but I have hopes for them. The hurlers are doing well. And the women have been doing fantastically. Soccer and rugby are on a high too.

But THIS Sunday, April 7th, a Cork acrobatics team - "Rebel Acro" - is in a national final - of Ireland's Got Talent. We often talk about the level of work and dedication of our amateur sportspeople - in this regard these amateur Cork sportspeople are incredible. It's taken them YEARS of hard work to get to this level. The level of training is unbelievable, and the bravery... - well, I wouldn't do it! Injuries, dissappointment, the works, they keep coming back. And all on the line on Sunday, doing some incredible things that takes some guts.

Perhaps you might like to be part of it with your family, and sit down to watch them on Virgin Media One (formerly TV3) on Sunday at 7:30pm. Should you wish to vote to support them, there will be a number to text. To count, the text HAS to contain the single word REBEL, and HAS to be all in capitals. The text costs 60c, so only your spare change. If you don't have it, watch anyway with your family - I guarantee you it will be a great.
You havin a Giraffe M8 - that's fuc*in dancing like!
Old 03-04-2019, 08:43 PM

x2 Fair play to you !