tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Arsenal Thread - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 14-02-2007, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Abramovich View Post
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.....

"In Japan, I have learned something capital: be humble in victory, and don't try to humiliate the loser."
heh heh heh

...to humiliate the loser is fast becoming 'The Arsenal Way' ....Henry v Kirkland, Keown et al v Ruud, Winterburn v McClair

is there ANYTHING worse in sport than to humiliate an opponent at the point they suffer disappointment?

(..and no, I wouldn't classify talking the pace out of the game whilst ahead as worse.)
Old 14-02-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvis View Post
heh heh heh

...to humiliate the loser is fast becoming 'The Arsenal Way' ....Henry v Kirkland, Keown et al v Ruud, Winterburn v McClair

is there ANYTHING worse in sport than to humiliate an opponent at the point they suffer disappointment?

(..and no, I wouldn't classify talking the pace out of the game whilst ahead as worse.)

3 examples since 1991?
ffs
Old 14-02-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVIEG View Post
How come Naffster?
despite the grudge matches with big sam, despite it being a realistic trophy wenger could win he stays true to his philosphy that all players cant play all games.

In my opinion this is a huge game for arsenal and id put every single effort into winning it. Arsenal have been claiming there back and that they are not a soft touch anymore, bolton away or even at home has been a game weve been shocking in for the past 10 games. This is defo a chance to banish them ghosts. Im just surprised he has brought fabregas as well. i was fully convinced hed rest him too.

it takes ball to rest your big players. he done it quite successfully once or twice against liverpool and utd. especially that utd cup game that arsenal knocked them out. he rested henry. I think lehmann this time might be rested because bolton always wind him up.
Old 14-02-2007, 12:54 PM

Kolo Toure is not prepared to let Arsenal stumble out of the FA Cup at Bolton this evening because of fixture congestion.

Tonight’s Fourth Round replay at the Reebok Stadium is a game Arsène Wenger probably could do without. The success of reaching the Carling Cup Final and the Knockout stages of the Champions League has meant his team have been playing two games per week virtually unbroken since the middle of November.

Next week will be massive for the Club. They have the Champions League Knockout Round first leg at PSV Eindhoven on Tuesday then that trip to Cardiff to face Chelsea on Sunday.

However Arsenal’s stoic centre back refuses to overlook tonight’s game for those reasons.

“It is true that last season we did well in the Champions League when we were out of the FA Cup,” Toure told Arsenal.com. “But this is a new season. We are professionals and we want to win everything. We just have to cope with it.

“We want to win the game tonight in the 90 minutes. If it goes to extra time and penalties then it is more difficult but it does not matter how we win.

“We know it is difficult to play against them. They play the ball from the back and chase you down but we know we can cope with it.

“This is a really important game for us. It will be tight but we have a chance at Bolton and we are going to take it because we have the players and we have the football.”
Old 14-02-2007, 02:57 PM

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/sto...914879,00.html

Whats Fat Sam's obsession with Arsenal?Every time theres a game between the two he comes out with something that has nothing to do with him.
Old 14-02-2007, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyfriedeggs View Post

Whats Fat Sam's obsession with Arsenal?Every time theres a game between the two he comes out with something that has nothing to do with him.
its his way of getting under wengers skin.
i think its actually class because you know wenger gets all riled up over it.
i personally think wengers team have left him down everytime we play bolton.
if i was them id be given every last fuckin inch of me body to win one over for me coach. they always seem disinterested.

maybe its due to the fact that wenger warned the ref about boltons tactics of fouling before a game a few years ago and lauren, cygan and ljunberg all got tackled poorly by bolton during the game leading to long lay offs.

with fergie and jose i always took it as banter and mind games. with sam there seems to be a hatred there.
Old 14-02-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has realised that, unlike some, he cannot continue to coach indefinitely, saying he will retire within ten years.

The Gunners boss has hauled the north London club back to the summit of the English game since his arrival in 1996, and many have credited his European thinking and style of management with revolutionising football in England.

But the Frenchman knows he cannot continue forever, and at the age of 57, retirement is very much on his mind.

"I think that the club can go on very well for more than ten years, but not me," Wenger told French magazine So Foot.

"I have to accept the idea that in ten years, I will be 67, but this job requires physical and instinctive strength, animal strength to express the desire to win. It has to be part of you. But it can disappear with age."

Wenger has been in management for over 20 years, having taken charge of Nancy, Monaco and Grampus Eight in Japan before moving to Arsenal ten years ago.

With the north London club, the Alsatian tactician has won three Premiership titles and four FA Cups, as well having taken the Gunners all the way to the Champions League final in 2006.

That level of success is borne out of Wenger's dedication to his job, although he believes that very commitment has made him lose track of time.

"I am obsessed with it," he said. "Maybe I have left it too long without being conscious of the time that passes by.

"At the age of 50, you start to see what there is at the summit of the mountain, and it is a painful discovery to understand that you don't live forever.

"At that moment, it is time to ask yourself how you will use the time left: to continue like you always did, or to give another orientation to your life.

"The real motto of my life is to tell myself that tomorrow, I will be better than today. I have never accepted people who say 'I am not good at it'.

"It even could have gone at the age of 45. Some guys are fed-up with coaching at 40.

"But then there is Bobby Robson or Giovanni Trapattoni who will die with that desire. I have to be reasonable."

Among Wenger's long list of honours are three European runners-up medals - the Cup Winners Cup in 1992 with Monaco, the UEFA Cup with Arsenal in 2000 and the Champions League last year.

For many to reach three such major finals would be classified as a success, but, rather typically, Wenger views it differently: "That is true that I have lost the three European Cups, I am not particularly proud of it, but neither I am traumatised," he continued.

"The hardest is to achieve consistency in your results. There are people who have won a European Cup ten years ago and who are nowhere today.

"In Japan, I have learned something capital: be humble in victory, and don't try to humiliate the loser."

It has come to our attention that a certain Mr. Roman Abramovich has titled a thread "The Official Arsenal Thread." As Mr. Abramovich has not entered into any agreement with Arsenal Football Club PLC, we must immediately ask that this thread be deleted. The only "official" Arsenal Football Club presence on the web is here:

www.arsenal.com

Kind Regards

ATS Solicitors,
Kings Inns
London
Old 14-02-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyfriedeggs View Post

era fuck sam. hes just gutted he didnt get the england job.
maybe its due to wenger buying top class players for the same amount of money sam pockets?
Old 14-02-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actin The Sham View Post
It has come to our attention that a certain Mr. Roman Abramovich has titled a thread "The Official Arsenal Thread." As Mr. Abramovich has not entered into any agreement with Arsenal Football Club PLC, we must immediately ask that this thread be deleted. The only "official" Arsenal Football Club presence on the web is here:

www.arsenal.com

Kind Regards

ATS Solicitors,
Kings Inns
London
fuckoffwum.
Old 14-02-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
fuckoffwum.

Redneck.