Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 04-04-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philby View Post
Sterling 16/1 to win BBC Sports Personality of the Year.

A bit of momentum behind him. Good price.
Seems to be fairly open on the betting and with the way he’s showing himself on the pitch and also in the face of racism problems, this could be a great shout. 12/1 on PP.
Old 29-05-2019, 03:13 PM

Interesting option from Betfair for tonight's game

Old 29-05-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philby View Post
Interesting option from Betfair for tonight's game

I'll have 50c E/W on TAA scoring directly from a corner @200/1, ta.
Old 31-05-2019, 09:42 PM
Senior PROC Member

I just spoke to a friend and he told me a story of a mutual friend of ours who is waiting on a docket worth almost 30,000,if Liverpool win the Champions League 10/1.He has Brooks Koepka to win the US open at 16/1Won it this year),Last years Derby winner(don't know the name) won at 12/1 and France to win last years world cup (they won at 12/1).Its a nice sweat to be on and i can't remember how much he staked on it but it was very low indeed.Nice fella too,hes only 23 years of age so hopefully he clicks.
Old 31-05-2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
I just spoke to a friend and he told me a story of a mutual friend of ours who is waiting on a docket worth almost 30,000,if Liverpool win the Champions League 10/1.He has Brooks Koepka to win the US open at 16/1Won it this year),Last years Derby winner(don't know the name) won at 12/1 and France to win last years world cup (they won at 12/1).Its a nice sweat to be on and i can't remember how much he staked on it but it was very low indeed.Nice fella too,hes only 23 years of age so hopefully he clicks.
The odds are 31,602/1.
Old 31-05-2019, 10:20 PM

Didn't happen 1/100!
Old 01-06-2019, 05:58 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
Didn't happen 1/100!
Theres always an oul cynic and tbh i would find it hard to believe too.But if you need to check it out,pop into PP in Wilton,its opp CUH and ask behind the counter if Andy(the young fella that used work there)has a sweat on his docket.The whole office knows of his bet since a few weeks back.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Theres always an oul cynic and tbh i would find it hard to believe too.But if you need to check it out,pop into PP in Wilton,its opp CUH and ask behind the counter if Andy(the young fella that used work there)has a sweat on his docket.The whole office knows of his bet since a few weeks back.
I'm only half messing, just that there's a couple of inaccuracies in your post. I don't think France were 12s any time close to the World Cup and this year's US Open hasn't been played yet. I'm assuming it was last year's (which Koepka won).

Would have been three events last June and then Liverpool to win this CL on top, which makes sense. I'd go into meltdown waiting a year for the fourth leg of a massive quad.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:50 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
I'm only half messing, just that there's a couple of inaccuracies in your post. I don't think France were 12s any time close to the World Cup and this year's US Open hasn't been played yet. I'm assuming it was last year's (which Koepka won).

Would have been three events last June and then Liverpool to win this CL on top, which makes sense. I'd go into meltdown waiting a year for the fourth leg of a massive quad.
Now tbf the odds could be a couple of points out here and there,as i was only in the office yesterday and Conor(Andys buddy that works there also)told me about it.Yes the bet was done last year(around this time before the Derby in Epsom)They always do these multiple bets over a period of time and would you believe its only a small straight accumalator bet.I don't even think hes hedged his bet to cover himself either.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Now tbf the odds could be a couple of points out here and there,as i was only in the office yesterday and Conor(Andys buddy that works there also)told me about it.Yes the bet was done last year(around this time before the Derby in Epsom)They always do these multiple bets over a period of time and would you believe its only a small straight accumalator bet.I don't even think hes hedged his bet to cover himself either.
Proper order too. Should only hedge if a price seems wrong, or if you feel you staked too much.