tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Everton Thread - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 21-03-2007, 11:46 AM

I'm worried the new stadium will more closely resemble this...

Very very british
Old 21-03-2007, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsberg View Post
It's gonna upset people no matter what happens really . Ideally the fans would love to see Goodison redeveloped but I really don't se that happening at all . There is a feeling that the way the city is developing that it won't be too long before Kirkb will be within the city boundaries . You'd know more about that than me El Toro.

If the move goes ahead then it looks like the stadium will prbably be based on FC Colognes stadium

Which i must say i like . Very British and a nice change from all the new style oval type stadiums - Man City , Arse etc
A nice looking ground if it happens! As long as we dont go down the road of the identakit stadiums ie Middlesbrough, Sunderland etc. I sit in the Park end at Goodison so I have no worries with obstructed views but having sat on the odd occasion in the main stand or the Bullens I can see why people refuse to pay £35.00 to watch a game from behind a pillar. Goodison is a beautiful ground but by today's standards is severly outdated. I cant wait to oneday take my son (whose a distant vision at the moment) to a spanking new ground where the Blues are a force to be reckoned with again. The atmosphere at the new ground may even be better than the current one. Unless we have just scored or have been on the recieving end of a poor decision Goodison is like a graveyard on most days.
Old 21-03-2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Na we don't need a central defender just yet . Good young player though .
eh i was taking the piss.. he is complete tripe
Old 21-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy magee View Post
eh i was taking the piss.. he is complete tripe
I know you were taking the piss .

I'm of the opinion that for a 21 year old he's pretty good and has been playing pretty well for Newcastle this season . I'm not making him out to be world class or anything
Old 21-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Banned

More news on the stadium

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...on/6474471.stm
Old 21-03-2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Do you ever visit toffeeweb.com Forsberg? This debate has been raging on the site for months. I dont really subscribe to most of their ideas but they do give an overall picture of the whole relocation subject. Their views on Moyes however are way over the top.
Old 21-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TORO View Post
Do you ever visit toffeeweb.com Forsberg? This debate has been raging on the site for months. I dont really subscribe to most of their ideas but they do give an overall picture of the whole relocation subject. Their views on Moyes however are way over the top.
Ya i go there a bit. It's not a bad site at all . I'm not too fond of the forum though . There seems to be very little in the way of constructive debate and it has that "your either for us or against us" mentality where if you criticise , your instantly a red. So i go there for a gander every now and then but don't really post there
Old 21-03-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Ya i go there a bit. It's not a bad site at all . I'm not too fond of the forum though . There seems to be very little in the way of constructive debate and it has that "your either for us or against us" mentality where if you criticise , your instantly a red. So i go there for a gander every now and then but don't really post there
Pretty much my sentiments aswell. Theres a bloke who sits in front of me at Goodison and im sure he's one of the moderators on that site. All he does all game is slate Carsley et al. Although he was strangely quiet on Sunday. Toffeeweb seems to be some kind of punching bag for tisgruntled toffees, always quick to criticise but never around to eat humble pie. Do you ever get over for a game?
Old 21-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TORO View Post
Pretty much my sentiments aswell. Theres a bloke who sits in front of me at Goodison and im sure he's one of the moderators on that site. All he does all game is slate Carsley et al. Although he was strangely quiet on Sunday. Toffeeweb seems to be some kind of punching bag for tisgruntled toffees, always quick to criticise but never around to eat humble pie. Do you ever get over for a game?
Not recently unfortuantely . I was lving away for a good while and haven't really got the chance this season since I've come home but i'm planning on a few trips next season definitely .
Old 21-03-2007, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Not recently unfortuantely . I was lving away for a good while and haven't really got the chance this season since I've come home but i'm planning on a few trips next season definitely .
Good man, Let me know if you need tickets and so on. Dont buy them off the site, the allocation is terrible. Its always the seats at the back of the Gladwys st or up the back of the main stand. Might even have a few European nights at the old girl next year!