The Official NBA Thread - Page 295 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 20-05-2019, 08:44 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcatraz View Post
Draymond kept them in it . An unlikable guy but you'd love to have him on your team .
He played like a guard pushing the tempo
Old 21-05-2019, 07:42 AM
Senior PROC Member

Warriors into 5th consecutive finals. First team to do it since the 60s Celtics. Hard to see them not do the 3peat . Although Toronto won the other night I expect the Bucks to get through. Think they will give gsw a rattle .
Old 21-05-2019, 01:18 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Warriors into 5th consecutive finals. First team to do it since the 60s Celtics. Hard to see them not do the 3peat . Although Toronto won the other night I expect the Bucks to get through. Think they will give gsw a rattle .
Hopefully 👍
GSW play defense as well plus outrebounded
them
Old 21-05-2019, 06:59 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballhopping View Post
Hopefully 👍
GSW play defense as well plus outrebounded
them
Have to say , Portland were a complete disappointment. The big two went missing .

I used to hate the Spurs because they were clinical, nothing exciting or flash about them . A brilliant , brilliant team though .
I don't know how I feel about gsw but they are at least fun to watch . Curry can produce several moments of brilliance during a game. Lot of time for Thompson . Couldn't care less about Durrant. I liked him at okc but he turned into a miserable git since he joined the Warriors.

But what they are doing is legendary stuff . Albeit with a stacked hand . I still havnt enjoyed a season since 2016 when the Cavs beat them . A great series . No injuries for the Cavs and they even got a bit if luck they deserved in Draymond getting suspended.

This will be a huge upset if they don't win this one . Miami were too cocky in 2011 and got caught by a very solid Mavs team with two HOFs, and Kidd was coming to the end too . I can't see gsw getting caught like that against a buck's or Toronto team with no experience of playing in a final .
Old 22-05-2019, 12:28 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
I don't know how I feel about gsw but they are at least fun to watch . Curry can produce several moments of brilliance during a game. Lot of time for Thompson . Couldn't care less about Durrant.

But what they are doing is legendary stuff.
Same. What's he got to be grumpy about? You look at what Curry is doing without him and you realise how much he gave up to give Durrant centre stage. I'm an unashamed Curry fan, so I'm totally biased, but to me, he is showing for the umpteenth time that he's the most important player in that team.
Old 22-05-2019, 04:14 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers View Post
Same. What's he got to be grumpy about? You look at what Curry is doing without him and you realise how much he gave up to give Durrant centre stage. I'm an unashamed Curry fan, so I'm totally biased, but to me, he is showing for the umpteenth time that he's the most important player in that team.
They can certainly win without Durrant . Personally I think he should head to the Knicks. They'll worship him there . He might not care , but there will always be questions about the rings he won at GSW .
Old 24-05-2019, 11:42 AM
Senior PROC Member

Ok , my prediction appears to be going out the window . There's nothing really separating these two & Toronto came out on top last night . Looking at the stats , Van Fleet appeared to be the difference maker last night. Toronto buried the Bucks with points off the bench .
Still think game 6 could go either way . And still think the Bucks would be a better matchup for gsw . Kawhi can't beat the Warriors on his own . Even if Lowry is doing ok , it won't be enough .
Old 24-05-2019, 03:02 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Ok , my prediction appears to be going out the window . There's nothing really separating these two & Toronto came out on top last night . Looking at the stats , Van Fleet appeared to be the difference maker last night. Toronto buried the Bucks with points off the bench .
Still think game 6 could go either way . And still think the Bucks would be a better matchup for gsw . Kawhi can't beat the Warriors on his own . Even if Lowry is doing ok , it won't be enough .
Apart from all their talent GSW play as a team both ends and it's better to watch too.
Old 25-05-2019, 02:45 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballhopping View Post
Apart from all their talent GSW play as a team both ends and it's better to watch too.
Agreed . Nothing better than a team at their peak . Although, I despised Lebrons 2013 team . They had a great bench too with the likes of Miller & Battier .
Gsw no real competition in the finals now LeBron is in the West . Celtics really let an opportunity go this season . Had they not dipped they really could have given the Warriors a decent go.
Old 25-05-2019, 09:09 PM

Can anyone explain how KT doesn't get in an All NBA team but Kyrie Irving does after his performance at the Celtics this year.

Even though I'm not sure KT had his best regular season ever