Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #191  
Old 18-06-2018, 11:44 AM
North Cork North Cork is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 772
Default

The centre forward yesterday.. Hickey.. I think was the best man on the field and Barrett was much better in the corner.

I think the selectors have questions to answer about the teams picked for previous games.

Seven under 16's starting would give hope for 2019.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 18-06-2018, 03:35 PM
CORK1990 CORK1990 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,984
Default

Was it not 6 u16s starting Cian McCarthy, Ciaran O Brien, Luke Horgan, Ethan Twomey, Daniel Hogan and Jack Cahalane ?? who is the 7th...
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 18-06-2018, 05:39 PM
Franno Franno is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORK1990 View Post
Was it not 6 u16s starting Cian McCarthy, Ciaran O Brien, Luke Horgan, Ethan Twomey, Daniel Hogan and Jack Cahalane ?? who is the 7th...
Darragh O'Flynn
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 28-06-2018, 05:07 PM
Reservedcitizen Reservedcitizen is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 53
Default

East and West Cork in the Celtic Cup finals this weekend. Seen somewhere that Cork had 4 teams in it and Kilkenny only had 1. Why did cork have to put in 4 teams? Was it optional?
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 29-06-2018, 01:12 AM
Turenne Turenne is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,634
Default

Surely four teams is better than one? Its a competition for participation, winning is secondary.
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 29-06-2018, 07:01 AM
thekeeper_79 thekeeper_79 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turenne View Post
Surely four teams is better than one? Its a competition for participation, winning is secondary.
Way better. More players involved etc. Great move
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 29-06-2018, 09:59 AM
BossHogg BossHogg is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,235
Default

There's a few counties that were split. A great move and dare I say undervalued competition by perhaps the main Cork U17 management. I wonder have they been watching. Dublin Clarke and Dublin Plunkett. The 4 cork sides. Galway Tribesmen, Galway McDonagh, Galway Maroons. Clare Blues, Clare Saffrons. South Tipp, North Tipp. Limerick Treaty, Limerick Sarsfields.

East Cork look very strong if they're beating a full Kilkenny team.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 29-06-2018, 09:59 AM
Rebel CNC Rebel CNC is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reservedcitizen View Post
East and West Cork in the Celtic Cup finals this weekend. Seen somewhere that Cork had 4 teams in it and Kilkenny only had 1. Why did cork have to put in 4 teams? Was it optional?
Makes sense considering respective populations of the two counties.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 29-06-2018, 10:52 PM
Twiceasnice97 Twiceasnice97 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
There's a few counties that were split. A great move and dare I say undervalued competition by perhaps the main Cork U17 management. I wonder have they been watching. Dublin Clarke and Dublin Plunkett. The 4 cork sides. Galway Tribesmen, Galway McDonagh, Galway Maroons. Clare Blues, Clare Saffrons. South Tipp, North Tipp. Limerick Treaty, Limerick Sarsfields.

East Cork look very strong if they're beating a full Kilkenny team.
Galway were using more or less full teams since they are the only county in the competition that don't yet have an official under 17 team
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 30-06-2018, 03:38 PM
thekeeper_79 thekeeper_79 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,598
Default

Excellent win for West Cork aet in the opening game. Some nice hurlers on the side

East Cork currently under pressure 2 goals down playing against the wind
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.