Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 08-03-2011, 01:47 PM

Oh Sweet Divine Jesus let this be true, that would just be massive, either Jonsi or Sigur Ros, my favourite band ever. However I hope the suggestion about the Riceboy Sleeps album is wide of the mark as it's complete and utter shite.

Here's hoping it comes off and that they bring Amiina with them too!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:48 PM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

They are on a break for the foreseeable future I think. All off doing their own projects. If it's true will be a major coup!

On 28 May 2009 Sigur Rós announced that they had almost completed recording their latest album. The band said the album is taking form as a slower and more ambient record than both Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust and Takk.... The music is also described as melodic but much less noisy and more "out there" than previous albums. The unnamed album was expected to be released sometime in 2010. However, the band later revealed that the recordings had been scrapped. In a 2010 interview, Jónsi confirmed "We haven't got another album ready," he said. "It was just a rumour. We started to record something, but then we chucked it all away. So I think we are going to have to start it all again."Sigur Rós have yet to reveal when they will start work on the new album but the band are rumoured to be on indefinite hiatus as of January 2010. However, before taking the stage in April at Coachella 2010, Jónsi commented that Sigur Rós will be getting back to work this year: "I'm gonna record some other stuff with Sigur Rós when I'm home", which will take place between a series of shows during his solo tour in summer 2010. On the first of February 2011 Jonsi.com staff announced that Jonsi would be back in the studio with the band over the spring, but provided no further information.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:09 PM

Sigur Rós would be unreal. Sounds like a bullshit rumour though. Jonsi playing sounds a lot more likely, although I'm not too keen on his solo stuff.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:53 PM

Would be great if it was true. Going from the original post though, it's possible/more likely that it might be "Jonsi from Sigur Ros" as opposed to the band themselves.

Either way, great booking!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:09 PM

found them to be quite boring when I saw them live, plus it'd be full of idiot rugger heads what with their tunes being spewed all over the rugger matches up in Dublin & on TV ads..
Old 17-03-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbish mouth breath View Post
found them to be quite boring when I saw them live, plus it'd be full of idiot rugger heads what with their tunes being spewed all over the rugger matches up in Dublin & on TV ads..
????
Old 18-03-2011, 02:17 AM

a track off Jonsis album is used on the latest guinness rugby advert..just joking that all the rugger fans will turn up to see them if they play.

and those are real serving Dublin firemen paid by the taxpayer btw..they got nothing from diageo.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:08 AM

Any update on this?
Old 02-05-2011, 11:55 AM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Well theres no mention yet on the Midsummer Festival website.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by langerdan69 View Post
Any update on this?
RTÉ CORK PROMS - RTÉ Concert Orchestra with Greenwood (Radiohead): Doghouse Sveinsson (Sigur Ros): Credo

Dates:
Fri 29 July
Time:
8pm at City Hall