Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 10-12-2009, 11:36 AM

I like one or two things on the Neon Indian album but there's way too much hype around it.

Wanna be there in time for them too, although it doesn't sound too great live: http://www.daytrotter.com/dt/neon-in...-37382159.html
Old 10-12-2009, 12:23 PM

Have 3 tix spare if anyone needs em... PM me
Old 10-12-2009, 02:08 PM

Those tickets gone? :O
Old 10-12-2009, 03:55 PM

Greetings folks
Just want to clear up any queries you may have.

-Doors open at 8pm
-If you don't have a unique ticket code, there will be no access granted
-In Dublin, alternative events (ie Basement Jaxx tickets in the Olympia last night) were only offered to those who had their tickets revoked
-If you were issued with a ticket offer and never received a ticket code, this does not count as a ticket
-We will have a limited guestlist for Rob daBank at 1130pm for people who received the ticket offer and never received a ticket code.

Hope this helps. And as an FYI we are reviewing the ticketing process for future gigs so please bear with us - it will be rectified.

Cheers,

Ed
Old 11-12-2009, 12:28 PM

The ticket situation seemed to piss a few people off I must say, but I got mine (only because I ended up having to mail myself at another address due to the site not working).

The gig itself was excellent though. Great venue, great sound, great energy from the crowd and great performances from all the bands too. Well impressed with Kissaway Trail I must say, very comparible to Arcade Fire.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:41 PM

Great Gig now i must say.

Kissaway trail were pretty good, really got the crowd going, only saw a few of their songs though but still very good.

White lies were fantastic, Death was very impressive at the end, looking around and the whole place was well into it, both upstairs and downstairs.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:15 PM

while lies totally kicked ass last nite - d crowd were well up for it,the sound was savage.best gig i was at in a while
Old 12-12-2009, 04:51 PM

Managed to get a ticket in the end from a friend who works for Heineken. This despite registering in the proper fashion and also emails to admin@heineken etc with no response or aid.

Anyways, I agree that White lies were very very good. And the Opera House is such a good venue. Real shame it is not used more for acts like this and Florence. I know both these gigs had a brewerys funds behind them, but bring the right acts, and people will go regardless.
Old 13-12-2009, 01:48 AM

Have to agree, great gig with great sound (although sound was a bit shit for Neon Indian - worst band of the night). Wasn't expecting much of Kissaway Trail but was pleasantly surprised by their set - very good live band with a fantastic drummer. White Lies were class - crowd really into them, vibe was great, great night altogether
Old 26-09-2018, 12:28 PM

WHITE LIES

are pleased to announce details of their new album

FIVE

on 1st February 2019

followed by a series of

Irish shows in March 2019

27 March - CORK - Cyprus Avenue
28 March - GALWAY - Roisin Dubh
29 March - DUBLIN - Button Factory
30 March - BELFAST - Elmwood Hall

---------------------------------------