Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 30-04-2018, 05:37 PM

Default Topic

The Legislation to legalise terminations will be difficult and complex. One might consider that the other end of life is equally in a legal quagmire. Doctors regularly turn off life support with no legal protection from being prosecuted as Murderers.

But this Referendum is about removing a flawed Amendment, no more, no less. It has not delivered what it's proponents expected. Instead it has caused deaths and more.

This thread is further focussed on illegal Campaigning by the No side.
Offensive Images and Words are illegal. Call Gardai.
http://www.wlrfm.com/2018/04/28/55117/
Posters on ESB Poles are illegal. Call ESB Networks.
Posters without the authors name are illegal. Gardai or Electoral Watchdog.

X
Old 30-04-2018, 05:49 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppellanger View Post
It should be a 'serious risk to health', not just a risk to health. A sneeze is a risk to health ffs

http://www.thejournal.ie/abortion-si...75235-Apr2018/
Did you read the link you posted?

In the proposed legislation, Head 4 deals with these situations.

It states:

It shall be lawful to carry out a termination of pregnancy in accordance with this Head where two medical practitioners certify that, in their reasonable opinion formed in good faith:

there is a risk to the life of, or serious harm to the health of, the pregnant woman,

the foetus has not reached viability, and

it is appropriate to carry out the termination of pregnancy in order to avert that risk.

Of the two medical practitioners, one would be an obstetrician. The second would be a practitioner appropriate to the situation.

The two doctors would have to agree that all three of the above conditions were being met.

Last edited by Pantsonfire; 30-04-2018 at 06:17 PM..
Old 30-04-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantsonfire View Post
Did you read the link you posted?

In the proposed legislation, Head 4 deals with these situations.

It states:

It shall be lawful to carry out a termination of pregnancy in accordance with this Head where two medical practitioners certify that, in their reasonable opinion formed in good faith:

there is a risk to the life of, or serious harm to the health of, the pregnant woman,

the foetus has not reached viability, and

it is appropriate to carry out the termination of pregnancy in order to avert that risk.

Of the two medical practitioners, one would be an obstetrician. The second would be a practitioner appropriate to the situation.

The two doctors would have to agree that all three of the above conditions were being met.
Yes, I was correcting the record. Alb's post just referred to a 'risk to health'.
Old 30-04-2018, 07:01 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppellanger View Post
Yes, I was correcting the record. Alb's post just referred to a 'risk to health'.
Apologies
Old 30-04-2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Apologies
So it is you Topic.
Can you explain to me how the HSE cannot even find a cancer case . Do you reckon they can record people on waiting list for appointment for pretty basic stuff.
Ireland is just full of hypothetical views and I will let you respond to that.
Generally Health System is in disease itself because it can't pay or keep up with basic healthcare and we want to increase this by introducing Abortion which can be a diverse subject but can you explain to me how a GP lead system lead to deaths for women without having the burden placed on a GP to approve an Abortion.
If people think that GP will just alone carry out an Abortion by giving 2 pills your living in cuckoo land.
It does not work like that in the States or any country.
Time for people to get real about this and be honest on both sides .
Ireland just can't take 4000 extra people onto a system that is in crisis. A pregnancy is avoidable and morning after pill is legal in Ireland.
It's like having access to anything but everything is there already. I seen the thread about the woman smoking and drinking whilst pregnant and what happens in Ireland if the man does not want an Abortion.
No rights to do nothing but only a decision.
It happens Topic.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Apologies
Topic
Do you now agree the HSE is in a national crisis and best option is to outsource being almost agreed by all parties.
I have said this from Day one and no matter what side people are on the Abortion aspect the reality is we can't involve 4000+ patients a year onto the system.
I hope you prove me wrong with a solution but even the government can't figure this out.
It's baffling.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:35 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finbarrog View Post
Topic
Do you now agree the HSE is in a national crisis and best option is to outsource being almost agreed by all parties.
I have said this from Day one and no matter what side people are on the Abortion aspect the reality is we can't involve 4000+ patients a year onto the system.
I hope you prove me wrong with a solution but even the government can't figure this out.
It's baffling.
Finbarr, what part of do you fail to grasp? I am not bothered by HSE, their national crisis or their waiting lists. It does not effect me. You asked a question about what the doctor said on the LLS and posted what he said, I really can do no more than that, sorry. If he is lying about the procedure I cannot say
Old 01-05-2018, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Finbarr, what part of do you fail to grasp? I am not bothered by HSE, their national crisis or their waiting lists. It does not effect me. You asked a question about what the doctor said on the LLS and posted what he said, I really can do no more than that, sorry. If he is lying about the procedure I cannot say
Fair enough I got it you don't care what happens. Fair enough
Old 02-05-2018, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Topic for a person that says they don't care you post a lot on the Abortion thread. Is that not just strange to you when you just said you don't care about the issue of the HSEor anything because it don't effect you.
Do the Economic Refugees in Ireland affect you and let's be clear most are economic based but nothing seems to affect you but you still comment on all. For the record I am pro life I am close our boarders until we can sort out the mess we are in with Health Homelessness and I didn't see the African countries putting on a Live Aid for the sake of Ireland when we went broke and still are but that's life.
Ireland needs to look at itself in the mirror. House price back at peak again and people are on trolley over 400 tonight but all is good and the lies continue.
It's actually reality and we can't look after anybody in this country but we want to add more onto a failing system.
SAD and the country is like an old computer it needs a reboot to get everything back to basics.
It's a fact and people are afraid to be politically correct by telling what they really feel.