Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 02-05-2018, 03:32 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
When did the CHOICE for what happens to a woman's body become just the choice to allow her "to keep the pregnancy going or not"? Surely choice is choice?
She can chose to wear make up or not, shave her pits or not, get a piercing or tattoo or not, and if she does even the type of tattoo, (soon) to get an abortion or not, smoke and/or drink or not.

Seems to me you're now wanting to impose a restriction on the woman's CHOICE - just so that you can justify it to yourself.
I'm not imposing anything. She still has the choice to drink or smoke. In the professional opinion of people who know about these things, continuing to do so is a bad choice.

How you get that I'm seeking to impose anything on anyone from that, is beyond me.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:40 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
I'm not imposing anything. She still has the choice to drink or smoke. In the professional opinion of people who know about these things, continuing to do so is a bad choice.

How you get that I'm seeking to impose anything on anyone from that, is beyond me.
Drinking and smoking has always been considered as being injurious to the health of the people who indulge in it, whether male or female, pregnant or not. But apart from that why should society or procers frown on a pregnant person smoking and/or drinking if the foetus is to have no rights - as will be the case should 8 be repealed?
Old 02-05-2018, 04:47 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Drinking and smoking has always been considered as being injurious to the health of the people who indulge in it, whether male or female, pregnant or not. But apart from that why should society or procers frown on a pregnant person smoking and/or drinking if the foetus is to have no rights - as will be the case should 8 be repealed?
People are free to do what that want. Some people will look down on others for various reasons, some won't. You can't legislate people's opinions.

You can for abortion, or not, depending on the result.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:49 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
People are free to do what that want. Some people will look down on others for various reasons, some won't. You can't legislate people's opinions.

You can for abortion, or not, depending on the result.
So it should never be made illegal for pregnant people to smoke or drink while pregnant but legislation should (according to our politicians) be enacted to permit un-limited abortion at least up to 12 weeks??
Old 03-05-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
So it should never be made illegal for pregnant people to smoke or drink while pregnant but legislation should (according to our politicians) be enacted to permit un-limited abortion at least up to 12 weeks??
If they did make it illegal, abortions would go through the roof, there is no way Irish women could stay off the sauce for 9 months
Old 03-05-2018, 06:31 PM
Senior PROC Member

This thread
Old 03-05-2018, 08:32 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
legislation should (according to our politicians) be enacted to permit un-limited abortion at least up to 12 weeks??
I don't think you understand what unlimited means...
Old 04-05-2018, 08:55 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
I don't think you understand what unlimited means...
Would unrestricted be better?

STOP POLICING MY BODY

MY BODY MY CHOICE

These are the slogans being pushed on the Vote Yes campaign. But apparently it's not OK to smoke or drink while pregnant - how can you be pro choice but want to limit said choice?

As I said previously I think our current legislation is too restrictive but going from too restrictive to way too liberal in this legislation is not the way to rectify it imho. 12 weeks unrestricted is a bridge way too far imho, and leaving it to the whim of the Dail as and when is inviting a potential disaster
Old 04-05-2018, 09:40 AM

Sound_Y pulling a Norris. This thread!
Old 04-05-2018, 10:00 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry_Mace_On View Post
Sound_Y pulling a Norris. This thread!
Pulling a Norris? That another one of your peculiar fantasies or what?

This thread!