Cork Minor Hurlers 2014 - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 22-10-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaycintBoy View Post
Good news at last.

This appointment was more important then the U21 one. At least the U21 players have Jimmys eye on them as well and he may even add a few more to the extended panal as well.
Yeah def some truth in that.

But when you haven't won a hurling All Ireland at minor/U21/senior for as long as Cork, every appointment is crucial imo
Old 22-10-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaycintBoy View Post
Good news at last.

This appointment was more important then the U21 one. At least the U21 players have Jimmys eye on them as well and he may even add a few more to the extended panel as well.
passing them up to what the "experts" here say is a poor u21 manager which is by far the most important grade , a good u21 player will have a great chance of being a good senior.
Old 22-10-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie View Post
passing them up to what the "experts" here say is a poor u21 manager which is by far the most important grade , a good u21 player will have a great chance of being a good senior.
If they are good enough they are old enough. These days players are getting younger and younger and the u21 scene can be bypassed somewhat. You can also do what Davy and Jimmy have done and take the talent under the wing from after minor on

If you lose them at minor level it is impossible to get them back
Old 22-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Senior PROC Member

Landers is a fantastic appointment and those knocking the board over other appointments need to acknowledge the positivity of this one.
We have a very strong group of 16 & 17 year olds coming through and they are now in the right hands. This won't guarantee success but it gives us the right platform going foward
Old 22-10-2013, 05:14 PM

Looks like a good team put together there.
Old 22-10-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue View Post
Landers is a fantastic appointment and those knocking the board over other appointments need to acknowledge the positivity of this one.
We have a very strong group of 16 & 17 year olds coming through and they are now in the right hands. This won't guarantee success but it gives us the right platform going foward
I would have preferred if Landers was the main man and Pat Ryan should also be involved but as i said in that other thread about small mercies.So long as Mark is given enough scope to work his magic that's the main thing.
Old 22-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youghal Exile View Post
I would have preferred if Landers was the main man and Pat Ryan should also be involved but as i said in that other thread about small mercies.So long as Mark is given enough scope to work his magic that's the main thing.
Youghally, appointments are not made on your latest whims, even the ones you manage to get right once in a while
Old 22-10-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Youghally, appointments are not made on your latest whims, even the ones you manage to get right once in a while
Yeah their made on Franks latest whims instead.This is a good management team.So yes they haven't made a total bollix of this one like they did with the u21 job.Still though i would like to see Pat Ryan on board and Fergal Ryan would be another good addition if they want to come on board.
Old 22-10-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
What about clowns like yourself constantly defending the board ? Can you tell me what John Mortell brings to the table ? He was one of Gerald's selectors , then was with Ger Fitz's shambolic u21 set up . Franks grubby paws all over this again, wouldn't surprise me if he's being imposed upon the new minor management. He's definitely not there because of his coaching ability, another lackey being rewarded for loyalty to Frankeen !
Old 22-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Short4a3some View Post
What about clowns like yourself constantly defending the board ? Can you tell me what John Mortell brings to the table ? He was one of Gerald's selectors , then was with Ger Fitz's shambolic u21 set up . Franks grubby paws all over this again, wouldn't surprise me if he's being imposed upon the new minor management. He's definitely not there because of his coaching ability, another lackey being rewarded for loyalty to Frankeen !
I guess your a glass half empty kind of guy, what harm the rest of us will rejoice at Landers appointment