Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 21-10-2013, 09:33 AM

I wonder will JBM feel SOH's wrath.
Old 21-10-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkoniense View Post
Sean Og's dad sounds like a stereotypical northern psycho. If he was anyone else I'd say frank would give him the cork minors gig.
Plenty of those types in Cork
Old 21-10-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
The only thing Humphries will be penning is sweet nothings to whatever sicko is in the cell beside him.
Liam Adams ?
Old 21-10-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Liam Adams ?
your geography isnt great.
Old 21-10-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie View Post
your geography isnt great.
Go on ask me a geography question ?

How many convicted paedos on this island can you name ?

Looking forward to the book for the Christmas.
Old 21-10-2013, 12:18 PM

An amazing sporting family. 3 played IC Hurling - and the other was a decent club hurler.

But for Setanta going to Aussie Rules - we would surely have seen Oige, Aisake and Setanta play a lot together for Cork Hurlers.

I can recall a few families producing 2 brothers to play hurling for Cork - Cummins, O Connors etc but I can't think of any other family that produced 3 - add in that Oige played played in an AI football final and the Aussie and Compromise Rules - fairly unique.

I'm delighted that this story has been told and it will surely be an inspiration for so many and proof positive that almost nothing is impossible in sport.
Old 21-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Banned

I dont think Sean og is unique in having a father like that. A lot of the the stuff he brings up seem a bit petty.
Old 21-10-2013, 12:56 PM

All 4 of the boys (dunno about the girls) went to college outside of Cork, maybe just a coincidence but..... I think his parents have now split.
Old 21-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Be a tasty Christmas dinner in the O'Halpin household this Christmas.
Old 21-10-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moccork View Post
I wonder will JBM feel SOH's wrath.
I certainly am looking forward to reading the book and hearing his views on things.Im sure Sean Og is very grateful to JBM for giving him his chance at intercounty level and im sure that will be made clear in the book for all of the anti Sean Og nitwits to see.Anthony Nash has rendered Donal Og surplus to requirements and John Gardiner was just a 20 minute man from the bench at best but let's be honest and call a spade Sean Og ended his last championship appearance for Cork in credit and we failed to adequately replace him this year.William Egan was doing a solid job but he was very bad in both all ireland finals.Hopefully he will learn from it and improve as a player.I hope that statistic of Sean Og being the last man to captain a Cork team to the Liam McCarthy cup will be broken sooner rather than later.As for the stuff about the father it's nothing surprising really people can have a very cold relationship with their father.What's the point in saying it was all sunshine and roses when it wasn't?