tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Cricket World Cup thread - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 22-02-2011, 11:38 AM

Default The Official Cricket World Cup thread

We need one for two reasons.

Firstly, because in one of the few sports that Ireland gets to a World Cup, our campaign kicks off on Friday against Bangladesh. Normall, Bangladesh would be one of the few test playing countries we'd fancy ourselves against, but of course, in this world cup, the location does us no favours.

More immediately, the Dutch are really putting it up to the English at the moment. Unless they collapse, they look like a score of 250+ is possible. Then we get to see how their bowlers can perform.

I haven't matured as a nation at this moment.
Old 22-02-2011, 12:16 PM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Pity Dirk Nannes declared for Australia. He could have done a bit of damage to England.

Tough group for Ireland to get out off. Capable of getting a result against Bangladesh and depending on which West Indies side show up. Have a good record in recent years against The Dutch,think if Ireland play to full potential they will give England a close game.
Old 22-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Senior PROC Member

Can your man Morgan play with Ireland in this?
Old 22-02-2011, 12:21 PM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32 View Post
Can your man Morgan play with Ireland in this?
No he was in the England squad but broke a finger in a training session so missed out.

He can redeclare for Ireland four years after his last appearance for England.
Old 22-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Senior PROC Member

253/5 after 46 overs
ten Doeschate on 117 n/o
Good innings by the Dutch so far.
Old 22-02-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood blues View Post
253/5 after 46 overs
ten Doeschate on 117 n/o
Good innings by the Dutch so far.
Wonder will he be the next player snapped up by England. He's been a fine player for Essex.
Old 22-02-2011, 12:27 PM

No Morgan, but Ed Joyce is back in the Ireland fold.

The way the Dutch are playing, they're heading for 280.

That is a decent target and gives their bowlers some incentive
Old 22-02-2011, 12:28 PM

Hup Holland Hup!
Old 22-02-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delzer View Post
Wonder will he be the next player snapped up by England. He's been a fine player for Essex.
The rules are slightly different for a Dutch player.

He can only qualify through residency, while an Irish player is automatically eligible to play for England.

Those rules need some sorting out in fairness.
Old 22-02-2011, 12:33 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd26 View Post
The rules are slightly different for a Dutch player.

He can only qualify through residency, while an Irish player is automatically eligible to play for England.

Those rules need some sorting out in fairness.
Definitely the rules are all over the place.