Password
View Poll Results: SF IOTY
Pointy 13 72.22%
R&B 4 22.22%
Upyaboya 0 0%
Norris 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2019, 11:25 PM

Hmmm... I had totally forgotten about the whole Humphreys reference debacle. Now, Donal óg made a terrible judgement call there but if a poster here made a comment that I am led to believe he did then that is indeed idiotic. Deleting a post shouldn't give somebody a free ride.

I'll have to call on my fellow jew dictators for this.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbert chapman View Post
Red&blue is right, going by the rules he is innocent untill proved guilty so you can't nominate him. If you want to do an IOTY then you have to follow the rules.
This isn't a murder trial, m8, we're not in a court of law. I've been elected by my peers and I see this as a court of arbitration.

If enough circumstantial evidence of genuine idiocy or nastiness is provided, I'm happy to allow nominations. Smoking guns or reasonable doubt don't come into it.

I'd call on Marco and Phil to do the same but if they disagree with me, that's entirely their prerogative.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
This isn't a murder trial, m8, we're not in a court of law. I've been elected by my peers and I see this as a court of arbitration.

If enough circumstantial evidence of genuine idiocy or nastiness is provided, I'm happy to allow nominations. Smoking guns or reasonable doubt don't come into it.

I'd call on Marco and Phil to do the same but if they disagree with me, that's entirely their prerogative.
Nastiness doesn't even come in to it. The rules are quite clear, nom must be supported with a link, not hearsay from posters that have a grudge against another poster. You were elected by your peers and a good choice imo but that doesn't give you the right to alter the rules that have stood the test of time.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice is yours View Post
Nastiness doesn't even come in to it. The rules are quite clear, nom must be supported with a link, not hearsay from posters that have a grudge against another poster. You were elected by your peers and a good choice imo but that doesn't give you the right to alter the rules that have stood the test of time.
A number of links have been provided that point to deletion of something very nasty, and not just referenced by Dan and Ponti either. I'll interpret "rules" in my own way. It's not up to you to tell me what to do. Marco and Phil are the only ones who can ratify or veto my proposals.

By the way, if what was deleted is what I'm thinking of, it's one of the worst forms of homophobia so you need to pipe down.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
A number of links have been provided that point to deletion of something very nasty, and not just referenced by Dan and Ponti either. I'll interpret "rules" in my own way. It's not up to you to tell me what to do. Marco and Phil are the only ones who can ratify or veto my proposals.
How else do you interpret a nomination must be supported by a link? The rules are set in stone and not open to yourinterpretation.

Quote:

By the way, if what was deleted is what I'm thinking of, it's one of the worst forms of homophobia so you need to pipe down
Again you would be wrong and I shall not pipe down.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:35 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue View Post
Do you do a lot of assuming?

Two stalwarts? 😄😄😄😄😄

Does the thread title stand for Snow Flake IOTY?

No linky, No nomi 😄😄😄😄😄

Two stalwarts 😄😄😄😄😄
Do you deny posting it?

If not then your confirmation that you posted it could surely take the place of a link.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:39 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
Do you deny posting it?

If not then your confirmation that you posted it could surely take the place of a link.
Of course he will deny it.

He backed away pronto when he was called on his revolting remarks.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
Do you deny posting it?

What did he post?
Old 11-12-2019, 12:40 AM

Links were provided. I have read the relevant section(s) of the thread in question. I'll need to research it a bit more, and Marco and Phil will have to come in on this. The bottom line here is that people can't necessarily hide behind deletion of posts. We need to get to the bottom of whether something really unsavoury occurred.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:42 AM
Senior PROC Member

Anyone who saw the posts can vouch for just how repugnant a remark it was.

He was rightly pilloried at the time.

All joking aside, no one comes close.